Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secure message - Successfully decrypted but the data sequence ID is out of sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure message - Successfully decrypted but the data sequence ID is out of sequence

Getting a "Successfully decrypted but the data sequence ID is out of sequence" on two Fibaro Motion Sensors. They both were working fine until I changed the batteries. I tried rescanning them, and removing and reinserting the batteries. I am still running HS3 (to nervous to make the big change to HS4). Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Log-Out of Sequence.png
Views:	463
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1416296

IS no one else getting this? I have not found out why this is occurring!

Comment

I get these on my Yale ZW door lock randomly and anytime during the day or night. Doesn't appear to be any problems that I can see. I came looking for a solution as well. Ever find out why you are getting your similar warnings?
      Z-Wave Warning New Interface : Secure message received from node 52. It was successfully decrypted but the data sequence ID is out of sequence. (Not Processed)

Comment

Has anyone found an answer for this? after a power outage I get this now on my Zooz motion sensor.

Comment

These errors are caused by corrupt Z-Wave traffic which is almost always caused by a device that is directly connected to the Z-Wave interface and is on the fringe of communications. To test move the device closer to your Z-Wave interface and put in new batteries and test.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I caused this to my system by adding and then removing a secondary controller, for me the cure was to use the "Replace Node" functionality to "replace" the existing node with itself as follows:

1. Shut down the Homeseer / Z-Wave controller (not just Homeseer)

2. Factory reset the device (this makes it look like a new device), and then power it down

3. Restart Homeseer & Z-Wave then do a Test Connectivity for the device, which will of course fail

4. Now do the Replace Node step, and when it asks for the "new" device just put the existing one into pairing mode

Comment

Working...
            X