Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer Support unresponsive

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post

    Unfortunately this system is now being slowly shut down and all support is now via Jira.
    Which is great but as I demonstrate above, there are issues logging into this system - how does one get support with logging into the JIRA???

    I think it’s worth remembering that what we’re seeking support for is a very expensive (note I deliberately didn’t say bad value) piece of software and I’m pretty annoyed that I’ve been left hanging for this long.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Aljrob View Post
      can’t get past your Captcha system
      I think you've been caught out...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	117955351_10157444412921723_3174320508411568665_n.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1416787

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Aljrob View Post
        I think it’s worth remembering that what we’re seeking support for is a very expensive (note I deliberately didn’t say bad value) piece of software and I’m pretty annoyed that I’ve been left hanging for this long.
        Bump. Still no contact from HS support via email and still can't login to the JIRA system. Frustrated, trending angry.

        Comment


          #19
          Aljrob While it's not a good excuse, it is worth noting that this is a traditional holiday period in the States. (Today is an official holiday.)
          Why you cannot get past the CAPTCHA test is a bit of a mystery. I haven't had a problem with it. Is it possible it's your connection? Is this the only CAPTCHA that doesn't work for you? You might try with a different device, just to see if that makes a difference.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

          HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            Aljrob While it's not a good excuse, it is worth noting that this is a traditional holiday period in the States. (Today is an official holiday.)
            Why you cannot get past the CAPTCHA test is a bit of a mystery. I haven't had a problem with it. Is it possible it's your connection? Is this the only CAPTCHA that doesn't work for you? You might try with a different device, just to see if that makes a difference.
            Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that today was a US holiday (though I really should have been for work reasons...!).

            I just had the brainwave of registering my secondary email address for a JIRA support system account. I have now been able to login with this new secondary account and have registered a support request for my primary account. Still, it's very misleading that the support email address isn't being monitored but is still available on the website (particularly given I've used the email support service a few times in the past).

            Comment


              #21
              I've been waiting for a solution to a ticket started on Sept. 1, and haven't had a response in a week despite pings. Is this "Jira" system something that has started since Sept. 1, and could that be why I am no longer getting messages even though I was getting a dialogue up until about 5 days ago? Here's the top of the thread, is it "Jira" or the now decremented support system? Click image for larger version

Name:	0125.png
Views:	170
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1418966

              Comment


                #22
                AHA. My "help ticket" is on the Jira system. Just not doing me much good at this point.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                  #23
                  I'm in the same boat having trouble with Jira. I'm unable to open a ticket.

                  I'm successfully logged on to the Jira portal, have selected My Requests, and am trying to open a ticket using the Create a Request link. Unfortunately, instead of taking me to the new request form the link points back at the KB landing page. Can someone post the proper link for the new request form?

                  Adam

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by HomeSeerNovice View Post
                    I'm in the same boat having trouble with Jira. I'm unable to open a ticket.

                    I'm successfully logged on to the Jira portal, have selected My Requests, and am trying to open a ticket using the Create a Request link. Unfortunately, instead of taking me to the new request form the link points back at the KB landing page. Can someone post the proper link for the new request form?

                    Adam
                    Send an email to jon@homeseer.com and he should be able to assist you on this issue.
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Honestly, it's really hard to understand the mindset of the HomeSeer team this year. The "Contact Us" page is a perfect example of everyone's confusion. How can they not get this simple thing right? The "Overly discussed beat like a dead horse non-functioning support email" is STILL the LARGEST and FIRST button on the web site as you scroll down the page. Rupp, macromark rjh how do you not understand that people may stop at that point scrolling down BEFORE they get to the "Support Options (During COVID)" additional line with the confusing Email: Open a Ticket link?

                      Please don't take this the wrong way as I want you to succeed as a long time paying customer, but frankly I'm embarrassed for you. I honestly can't say that you don't deserve at least some of the heat you've been taking in recent months.


                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	293.0 KB ID:	1442907

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                        Please don't take this the wrong way as I want you to succeed as a long time paying customer, but frankly I'm embarrassed for you.
                        The email button is designed to open your default email client and insert the TO address and subject line that will help to direct the ticket to either the support or sales ticket queues. In my case, Outlook is my default client and this is what happens when I click the button:

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	email-support.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	1442934

                        However, if you don't have a default email client set up in your browser, it won't work. Sounds like that might be the case for you?

                        That said, I've made a change that should help for folks who haven't configured email:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	email-support2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1442938
                        Learn About HomeSeer

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Mark, the discussions on this board (if you check the threads) is that many people aren't getting ANY response from emailing support@homeseer.com and Rupp is directing everyone to open a Jira ticket for support. Lack of consistent messaging around this is a big point of confusion.

                          Thanks for responding!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                            Mark, the discussions on this board (if you check the threads) is that many people aren't getting ANY response from emailing support@homeseer.com and Rupp is directing everyone to open a Jira ticket for support. Lack of consistent messaging around this is a big point of confusion.

                            Thanks for responding!
                            emailing support@homeseer.com automatically generates a service desk ticket and sends an auto-reply back to the user. That said, Rupp is correct in that it's better to open a ticket instead. That way, we collect more information and it shortens the "back and forth" cycles. Currently, we're a man down as one of our reps is out on bereavement leave but we are working to handle tickets as quickly as possible.
                            Learn About HomeSeer

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I can't speak to it personally but you might check the functioning of that system. Multiple reports on this board of "no response" to emails.

                              September:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...t-unresponsive

                              November:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...t-is-right-now

                              December:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...s-tech-support

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X