Amazon Blink Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Blink Cameras

Has anyone used the new Amazon Blink Video Camera? Results? Are they usable without a cloud connection and accessible in HS with a simple URL?

I haven't tried to use the Blink cameras but I am using the Wyze cameras and they work great. They have a firmware flash you can download and flash the firmware to the camera and then the camera will do RTSP (you don't need their cloud). The camera will create the URL for you.The quality is very good and for $25 a camera you can't beat them.

Comment

Just got a couple of the Blink Minis during one of the pre Prime Day specials and so far I am impressed. Would love to be able to figure out how to trigger off of them through Homeseer as well!

I wonder if we could just use Alexa routines to trigger Homeseer events or actions?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        Just got a couple of the Blink Minis during one of the pre Prime Day specials and so far I am impressed. Would love to be able to figure out how to trigger off of them through Homeseer as well!

I wonder if we could just use Alexa routines to trigger Homeseer events or actions?
        If Alexa "sees" the camera as a motion sensor, you can. I don't have Blink cameras, but you can set an Alexa routine with Ring cameras and doorbells. I made a virtual switch for each. If the Ring detects motion or a doorbell press, a virtual switch is flipped which triggers an event. Then the switch is later turned off. It works well so far, learned this from the Ring plugin forum, I think.

Comment

I have been playing with that a bit, tossed the Blink into my office and set up a routine to trigger a virtual device which fires off an event. Can work very well for a clever security style event.

Comment

Just got a Blink indoor camera for $5 on a Prime Day deal. Hate the Blink app so far. Hoping I can ditch it for something HS related.....

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
              I have been playing with that a bit, tossed the Blink into my office and set up a routine to trigger a virtual device which fires off an event. Can work very well for a clever security style event.
              I have quite a few Blink cameras and, for the money, they work pretty well. I'm hoping someone has worked out a methodology to allow some event triggering through Homeseer. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X