Dashboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboards

Creating a thread to consolidate the discussion. Looking for a slick dashboard to run on tablets. There’s always HS Touch any other ideas? I love what home assistant can do with Lovelace especially after seeing what Dr Zsss has done with it.

The big question becomes what is Slick and what are you capable of or willing to learn?

HS Touch has some strong capabilities. My experience is that it works well when connected but if you use it on your phone I loose the connection when I go from being on my local network to the carrier's data. Even though I use my external URL for the server name. Using MyHS may be a better route here, but my experience with Google Home and the HomeSeer app for a dashboard are that MyHS goes down way too much. Hopefully there will be upgrades to HS Touch (I have not seen any official announcement but that doesn't mean I didn't miss one)

The Jon00 WebViewer might be an option but I have not tried it. Information for that can be found on his site. There is a sample image there of one possible layout.

You could use the Node Red dashboard or uibuilder contribs and build something there if you like. The dashboard contrib may be more friendly to you. The uibuilder is where you want to go if you want more complex dashboards.

I believe any of the above options could create a Dashboard similar to the one Dr Zsss shows in this video. I am not familiar with anything Lovelace has. All of these options are fairly flexible, save the HomeSeer app, but even that can have items grouped in saved groupings, which are called Dashboards in the app. Hopefully this higher level overview gives you a place to start. I figure better an overview than my opinion. 'Cause opinions are like backsides. We all have them and they all stink but our own.

Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    242 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    37 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Yeah I’ve researched and played with most of them. Lovelace under home assistant is pretty powerful and just pretty. It’s open source I’d imagine we could adopt it. Having adopted homebridge opened up some doors there a beta dashboard plugin there and a few iOS app dashboards. Was also considering roomie remote but it’s UI isn’t as customizable.

Comment

I have only created anything in HS Touch, outside test dashboards for the options I listed. I have a simple looking Touch interface but I can select multiple lights and dynamically set a dim level for the group. It is done via virtual devices for selecting the lights to control. Select, aka turn on, a Virtual Device and control the light switch it represents via a script. It isn't a pretty floor plan but a straight forward name and icon interface. This has served us for years but we do not have any tablets out there. It is only used on the phone.

I would suggest not jumping hoops or between systems if at all possible. Use something that has direct control of the HomeSeer devices.

Also, Google has done a lot with the latest release of Assistant and the Hub interface so you might look at what it gives you as well. Unless you are married to Siri or Alexa.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        242 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        37 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Working...
        X