Amcrest Video Doorbell AD110 integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amcrest Video Doorbell AD110 integration

Anyone know how to integrate the doorbell as a device so I can trigger events when someone rings the doorbell? Camera works well in BI. Currently using HS3 SELPRO. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the video on my dashboard, but I don't know how to trigger an event from the Amcrest AD110. You would think there would be a way... Maybe with something hooked to the chime?

Comment

I’m working on a solution using ELK930 and MimoLite. I have under $100 into it so far. Haven’t gotten it work yet. I don’t know if the AD110 module is preventing the voltage drop. Haven’t dug deep yet just got it hooked up and added to my zwave network.

Here’s the link: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...example-events

If I get it figured out I’ll let you know.

But yes. You’d think Amcrest could send a DIO or some sort of system notification the doorbell button was pressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got it working by connecting it to a zone on my dsc alarm system, cheap and effective.

Comment

I've just installed an Amcrest AD410 and have integrated it using amcrest2mqtt and Michael McSharry's mcsMQTT plugin. Others appear to be using it with the AD110. So far I'm only using it to detect a button press but other data are exposed such as motion detection, human detection and camera settings. Running amcrest2mqtt in a docker container on an rpi.
          -Wade

Comment

Is there any documentation on how to setup the amcrest2mqtt? I went to github and looked at the readme and they assume you already know docker.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
              Is there any documentation on how to setup the amcrest2mqtt? I went to github and looked at the readme and they assume you already know docker.
              I didn't find any, and not having any prior docker (much less Docker Compose) experience the curve was pretty steep. Biggest problem for me was getting around a bug in Raspberry Pi OS (known, if you know what to look for apparently) that was preventing Docker installing correctly. Fortunately my son speaks linux and has some docker experience and we were able to figure it out. Not sure I learned enough to be helpful but feel free to post back with questions and I--or likely someone with real docker knowledge--will try to assist.
              -Wade

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I believe I ran into that "known" issue on my Raspberry PI 3 with the libseccomp2 package having a bug and having to compile a version from the .deb repository. After much frustration I figured out how to do that. Then I found a link about installing portainer.io as a GUI for docker and that made things easier. Until I ran into a "feature" of the amcrest2mqtt software which requires you to have a username to send to your MQTT broker. Because my MQTT broker runs on a vlan that does not have internet access I had never configured it to have a username to send to it. So, dug through the python code (never coded in python before) and removed that little hurdle and it's been running for 30-45 min so far.

Comment

Yep, libseccomp2 was the one.

Glad you got it working. I'll be interested to hear how stable it is for you. After about a day I realized my doorbell trigger had stopped working. Checked the rpi and all was fine with docker and amcrest2mqtt. I disabled and reenabled mcsMQTT plugin and all started working again. Not aware of any problems with the plugin previously although I don't use it heavily.
                  -Wade

Comment

I use the mcsMQTT PI for a lot of IOT devices (bought and built) and it has been rock solid for me (knock on wood). I have an ELK930 connected that tells me when the doorbell is pressed, but the amcrest2mqtt is sending a lot more information, still trying to figure out all that it sends.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                      I use the mcsMQTT PI for a lot of IOT devices (bought and built) and it has been rock solid for me (knock on wood). I have an ELK930 connected that tells me when the doorbell is pressed, but the amcrest2mqtt is sending a lot more information, still trying to figure out all that it sends.
                      If you run across documentation of all the data amcrest2mqtt returns, please post it back here. I'll do the same. There appear to be around 90 separate objects.
                      -Wade

Comment

Working...
                      X