ZWave deadbolt successes on HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave deadbolt successes on HS4?

I'm giving up on getting any further (ineffective) support from HS regarding two different schlage deadbolts failing to install on HS4. I have two older identical versions that were installed under HS3 which work properly. With two NEW same models, after two weeks of "escalated" support and they keep telling me to do the same failed things, then have simply stopped responding. I'm returning the two new deadbolts, but need a keypad-supporting, Z-Wave deadbolt for two doors. Has anyone recently installed ANY Z-Wave deadbolt on HS4 and had it recognized as a lock that events could be used to control and monitor the status of? The Schlage APPEARS to be Z-Wave Plus compliant, model is BE469ZP . I'd be grateful for suggestions of brands/models that have worked for you. ??
    Attached Files

What exactly does not work?

Comment

I'd advise to take down that photo or black out the codes, for your own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
        What exactly does not work?
        HS4 installs but fails to see the features such as LOCK, UNLOCK, etc. despite repeated installs and attempted removals, scanning after installation. Here's the typical response and the text in yellow says it all. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200830-210001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	1418956In addition, REMOVING the device using either the Ztools+ or the HS4 utility via laptop results in a ghost node remaining. I have FIVE nodes that I cannot eliminate from HS4 for failed lock installations which I cannot make "go away".
        I would hazard a guess that HS4 is not handling the identification/parsing of the "security scheme" which describes the commands for polling status, lock, unlock, battery life, etc...." but I am certainly no expert...

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          I'd advise to take down that photo or black out the codes, for your own safety.
          I considered that risk, but since I am returning it as a failed installation, I won't be at risk. Thanks for looking out for me on that though, I've made similar goofs in the past up here where I posted the wrong set of info. Just not this time. Still hoping for some other good zwave deadbolt known to work with HS4. ??

Comment

And both of the failed locks are brand new via Amazon, not "a really old device" as the ZTools+ text would suggest. <sigh> Also, I didn't even bother to install the locks. I assembled them in hand, held them within 2 feet of the ZWAve plugin on the HS6 Pro platform. I removed the battery and drained the capacitors by pushing on the keypad buttons, and then tried using both/either the button on the circuit board to add/delete(enroll/un-enroll), as well as punching in the master code plus a zero on the keypad (the "old" way), to start adding/removing the node. It always adds the node, but always with the failed message in yellow text in previous post. It does not always completely remove the node, however, when I try to delete it. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20200913_155930259.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1418962

Comment

I have two different Yale deadbolt locks that work fine in HS4.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	252
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1418975

Comment

I moved from HS3 to HS4 so I don't have experience including a lock with HS4. Having said that, it took some time including my Schlage locks in HS3. The important part is that a lock (S2 protocol?) can't be included via other nodes. You basically have to have the lock within a few feet from your z-wave stick. I used a USB extension cable as the lock was just about 20' away from the controller. As an alternative you could bring the lock to the computer and then install it again.

Comment

"I didn't even bother to install the locks. I assembled them in hand, held them within 2 feet of the ZWAve plugin on the HS6 Pro platform."

Comment

I've literally had to have the lock and controller *touching* before it would include properly. After that, no problems.

Comment

Oh, this is making me feel a hole lot better (note sarcasm) in trying to get my lock working!

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                        Oh, this is making me feel a hole lot better (note sarcasm) in trying to get my lock working!
                        Lol!

Yeah, I felt the same way. Support couldn't figure it out either. Then I read a post somewhere in the forum, I can't help but think it was by sparkman for some reason, that said sometimes the lock had to be practically touching the controller. This was a lock that was installed and had previously been included, mind you, and I thought "bull$#t" as I read it. I finally uninstalled the lock, brought it to the controller and touched them together during inclusion and it worked. Reinstalled the lock and no problems since. I still don't get it?

Comment

Well, I'll be horn swaggered! I have the same model and today was the last return day to Amazon. This post reminded me so I hand assembled the lock, initialized it, and took it downstairs and initiated the include function. The 1st time, it seemed to work but I guess I pulled the lock away just a little too soon after HS said it was done and the lock signaled X. Shiiiit!

So I excluded it and held it up so it was kissing the SmartStick+ through the entire process And I'll be darned, it included perfectly including negotiating FULL S0 security!

I tried the lock command and it worked, wrote an event to lock and unlock the lock and it worked, displayed the battery levels and they display.

Now the next step is to take it to a locksmith and get it re-keyed to our current home Schlage keys.
                          Then finally paint the D---Med door , install the lock and set the user codes if I can get my wife to decide on the length of the code and what code she wants!

So there is hope at the end of the Schlage tunnel! All I can say is that it is very important to follow the instructions exactly as they came from Schlage in both books! Skip nothing including the inclusion test they specify.

I was going to replace a few more dimmers, but I'm keeping my lucky streak going for the day and taking my wife out for a Sunday drive and dinner (well a drive up dinner).

Comment

George let me know if you need help with those lock events, there's a couple of bugs in the HST implementation of the device definitions, so you can't get things like which User Code was entered. Also, you can wipe out the first two default codes so all your codes are the same across all the locks if you have more than one. Like I said, lots of tips and tricks I've learned over the last several years owning Schlage locks.

Comment

TC,

Thanks will do. I'll PM you once I actually install the lock on the door. Appreciate your outreach for help!
                              Now that I know this one works, I'm going to order just the deadbolt version for our side garage entry door and I would like the same codes on both and know which one was used.

George

Comment

Working...
                              X