Reset plugins after power outtage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset plugins after power outtage?

I have several PIs that rely on an internet connection. Sadly, even though i had a house generator installed, it terns out that my internet provider (Wave) is on the same power grid with no backup power, so even if my house is running, internet is out.

When i look at my logs, several PIs start throwing errors constantly, including MyQ, Harmony, And Ecobee (all the 3rd party versions currently). When grid power/internet returns, many of these still seem to have connection issues in the log, and a simple restart fixes it.

THinking of just a simple event using JonOO's plugin enable/disable utility to turn these off when i'm on generator power, and back on when grid power is restored.

Anybody doing something similar, or have a better idea?

Thanks!

Check with Grid, most PUCO's require that telecom providers provide backup power or your landlines wouldn't work.

You may find out they are in violation and get them to add some UPS's to their nodes!

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
      Check with Grid, most PUCO's require that telecom providers provide backup power or your landlines wouldn't work.

You may find out they are in violation and get them to add some UPS's to their nodes!
      Interesting... is internet (and cable in my case, both through Wave) considered a "land line"?

what is "grid"...?

Comment

Sorry, I misread, I should have said check with WAVE. My bad.

And if they offer VOIP phone service, Yup, they have to comply or how would you get a 911 call out?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
          Sorry, I misread, I should have said check with WAVE. My bad.

And if they offer VOIP phone service, Yup, they have to comply or how would you get a 911 call out?
          OH... they DO HAVE VOIP. thanks... i'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

OH... they DO HAVE VOIP. thanks... i'll look into it.
            Then are obligated to provide continuous telephone access no matter what the utility power is. Go for it!

As for the rest, my cable modem, router, switches and servers are on 3 UPS systems that only have to keep things running for the 20 seconds that the Generac waits to determine that utility power is not coming back and the 20 other seconds as it spins up and the transfer switch engages to restore power. The reason for my 45 second wait, I posted in another thread about detecting generator power status before I send a distress push message to my phone.

Comment

Working...
            X