Ecolink tilt sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecolink tilt sensor

Anyone use ecolink tilt sensor (tilt-zwave2.5-eco) associate or link to gocontrol z wave garage door opener.

I have a gocontrol garage door opener. I am migrating it from a SmartThings system to my new HomeSeer system. I’m struggling so far. I was able to add the zwave device (but it took resetting the gocontrol). Now it shows up as a Sigma Entry Controller with no features or buttons or anything. I am searching for help/clues.

Comment

markc your issue is different from the OP. Try re-scanning. Or exclude and re-include possibly non-secure. Mine works perfectly with all the features including the "tilt-sensor" which is the door position. Note that the battery for that little thing needs to be changed more often come wintertime.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-20-20 at 05.18 PM.PNG
Views:	235
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1420688

Comment

Have you link or associate the sensor to garage door controller?

Comment

racerfern, I tried many things with no luck. Rescanning, excluding and re-including (with and without security), resetting the gocontrol, etc etc. Nothing worked. Then as a last ditch try, I excluded the gocontrol, reset it 3 times, and then added it with security. It worked. I’m not sure why but as long as it keeps working, I’m good. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
            racerfern, as long as it keeps working, I’m good. Thanks for the advice.
            Unfortunately, it won't. Unless they fixed the failing LED issue, you'll get a year or so of normal use.
            Went through 2 of them before I switched to a Z-wave isolated contact to control my garage door.
            Dan-O
            HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Dan-O Yeah, I've heard lots of horror stories. I've had mine for over three years without that issue. I did have it lose communication with the z-net and had to exclude and re-include twice. But both times it came back just fine. Didn't even have to move it from its mounted spot at the garage door.
              I assure you, I'm knocking on wood right now.

Comment

Working...
              X