HomeSeer always adds - 1 or - 2 to the end of my event names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer always adds - 1 or - 2 to the end of my event names

I used to use HS3 on Windows and have had this issue for years. Basically I create an event such as "Bedroom Keypad 1 - Bright" and then after a day or so HS renames it to "Bedroom Keypad 1 - Bright -1" adding the -1 to it. I then upgraded to HS4 and moved to Linux but it does the exact same thing so must be some kind of bug or issue.

Check the screenshot attached here, I did NOT add that -1 to the end of the event name. I edit it, I delete it, it's gone then in a day or so I check and it's back. With HS3 it would do it to every event, but HS4 on Linux it's just 2 or 3 of them it does it on now. Any way to fix this as the OCD in me goes crazy seeing them messed up like this.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by 416to305 View Post
    I used to use HS3 on Windows and have had this issue for years. Basically I create an event such as "Bedroom Keypad 1 - Bright" and then after a day or so HS renames it to "Bedroom Keypad 1 - Bright -1" adding the -1 to it. I then upgraded to HS4 and moved to Linux but it does the exact same thing so must be some kind of bug or issue.

Check the screenshot attached here, I did NOT add that -1 to the end of the event name. I edit it, I delete it, it's gone then in a day or so I check and it's back. With HS3 it would do it to every event, but HS4 on Linux it's just 2 or 3 of them it does it on now. Any way to fix this as the OCD in me goes crazy seeing them messed up like this.
    The usual cause of that is that you have an event of the same name in a different group. In HS every event has to have a unique name, even if it is in a different group. If you create a duplicate name HS adds the number to the end to make it unique.

However, if you don't have duplicate names I don't know the cause.

Steve

Comment

Thank you I think that's what the issue is, as in this case I do have another event it seems called Button 3 - Nighttime but in another room.

Comment

Working...
      X