Monoprice Z-Wave RGBW Controller On Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice Z-Wave RGBW Controller On Sale

The Monoprice Z-Wave RGBW Controller is on sale for $17.99.

A lot of their other Z-wave stuff is also on sale, so would not be surprised if they're getting out of the Z-wave business in favor of their
    STITCH equipment.
    My system is described in my profile.

I actually built my own PCB because nothing like that was available before. In any case, while I saw this device some time ago I never looked at the specs. They are confusing. The max load is defined as 156W @12V. So that is 3.25A for each of the 4 channels. They actually mention the 3.25A in the "Rated Output Power". However, in that same section they say "*1. 13 amps (sum of all 4 connected outputs). *2. 7 amps for a single output." I must be missing something...

Comment

Thinking about it, why are there input connectors? You are supposed to control the outputs via z-wave. Hence, the z-wave is the input to the device to control the output. That means there is no need to have input connectors.

Comment

Looking at the manual and reading some google posts I think you can a) control the brightness through z-wave and b) you can also control it through external inputs to set each channel to last input, max input, etc. I guess in most cases people won't use the inputs at all but just control it through z-wave. I assume it's ok to have nothing connected to the inputs.

Comment

Working...
        X