connect Homeseer touch directly with IP address and not Homeseer.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connect Homeseer touch directly with IP address and not Homeseer.com

We have a lot of internet provider issues in our area.Is there a way to connect homeseer 3touch directly to the home seer controler by IP address and not through my.homeseer.com?
    I'm in my local area network.

If you are solely connecting internally with no chance of taking the device anywhere outside of your LAN then absolutely you can connect over the local IP address (be mindful of your HS system IP changing though, might need to reserve it depending on your router).

If there is a chance of connecting externally then you need to port forward on your router (the correct ports for HSTouch, think it is 10200 from memory) and be aware of the fact your public IP will likely change although Dynamic DNS services can help with this.

Comment

In HSTouch you have 4 options in the settings. The first is for MyHS. For the others you define the IP address. As for opening ports, I did that in the past but I closed them now and instead run VPN on my phone. My router offers both dynamic DNS service (no charge) and it generates the key for VPN.

Comment

Note that if you connect via straight IP and you go off your network, you may see a bunch of unable to connect messages pop up on your phone. I use Android and if I connect this way I get them when I go off WiFi as the app is still running in the background. From an Android device you can use the square button to view recently used application and swipe HS Touch upand off the screen to close it, OR be sure to use the Exit in the HS Touch menu. In most cases it is hidden in the bottom left corner.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I use the IP Reservation feature on my router (based on the HS Server's MAC Address) to assign the fixed IP address. Then just specify that IP address in the address entry on your HS Touch settings.

For my phone, which may connect internally or externally, I have two connection settings set up, one that goes through the MyHs server, the other direct. When running HS Touch on my phone, I have it ask which connect to use (I do not run on the phone that often, so being asked is not a problem).

If you have android tablets, I also recommend setting fixed IP addresses for them as well, as it will make things a little more stable.

Comment

Working...
          X