Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest API available

Did you all see the Nest announcement.
    I am in desperate need to be able to switch my nest thermostat from home to away through Homeseer. Will this be possible now? Check out this link.https://developers.googleblog.com/20...essconsole&m=1

Yes, I saw it. Also anxious for a Nest thermostat plugin.

Comment

There was a Nest plugin here from Spud. Maybe he can update it?

Comment

following.... interested of course....

Comment

+1

Comment

I took a look through the API they've published - it's missing a few things I think are necessary, at least for cameras.

You can't set home/away, nor can you turn on/off individual cameras. At least, not if I'm reading the documentation correctly.

Since the built-in scheduling of Nest cameras is weak (either home/away or schedule, not both, and nothing more complex than this), this API isn't going to improve things there, at least not yet.

Comment

It would for me if the HVAC switches to away when I enable my Omni pro 2 alarm

Comment

+1 Interested

Comment

+1 Interested

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13
                    Nest has been trash ever since Google bought them. It's time to get away from their products.
                    I'm looking for thermostat and Protect replacements. Even posted in the general forum and got 1 response from Pete. Any suggestions

Comment

Big5 plug-in is pretty good at handling all kinds of APIs. They helped me managing my API driven stepper motors.

Comment

Hubitat and Hass.io already have new plugins written to use the new API. Doesn't do protects, but many folks are reporting it working ok.

Comment

spud you are our hope to get Nest integrated any luck with that mate?

Comment

Working...
                          X