This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Seer going out of business?

I can't get a reply from an email for over a month now, my system is not working. The phone line doesn't work and live chat doesn't work.

Has anyone heard anything?

I don't think they are going out of business. They are still sending promotions, the latest update was not too long ago, etc. It could be that they are mostly working from home and that might influence some of what you are experiencing.

Comment

Btw, if you have questions you can also ask on the forum. Maybe somebody knows the answer.

Comment

How did you contact them. Apparently they are changing to a JIRA support system and while emails to support@ are supposed to work, others had issues during this transition. The new system can be reached via https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        242 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        37 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

I seriously doubt they're doing the deep dive. I am sure they're swamped with requests considering the versions of Windows and Linux. It seems each one needs a separate build. I don't envy them.

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
            How did you contact them. Apparently they are changing to a JIRA support system and while emails to support@ are supposed to work, others had issues during this transition. The new system can be reached via https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
            Ah, cool! This makes it much easier to submit bugs and feature request. So you just go on the main website, in the menu at the top click on help, and then under Product Help click On Contact Us. Then you can just click on Open A Ticket. I like that

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
              Phone, live chat(20 times), and email. Poor or no responses from all the above. Just shady they went from great customer service to some of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman o' War View Post

Phone, live chat(20 times), and email. Poor or no responses from all the above. Just shady they went from great customer service to some of the worst.
                Did send an email last week and a response within 2 hours. 😄

—-
                John

Comment

I emailed support to see about getting an SD card image last Sunday and got a response shortly thereafter, on Sunday!
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

So like these forums it's a hit and miss as to whether you have a good experience or not. Personally I've see a steady decline since Homeseer 1.7, but in general the combination of support and forums is today just about sufficient.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Did send an email last week and a response within 2 hours. 😄

—-
                      John
                      You got a response in 2 hours or are you saying you replied to me after 2 hours?

Comment

I just got an answer to a help request I submitted 30 minutes ago. And that is on a SUNDAY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catman o' War View Post

You got a response in 2 hours or are you saying you replied to me after 2 hours?
                          response within 2 hours

---
                          John

Comment

Just a note here for those that stumble on this thread. We have been in business since 1998 and have weathered lots of ups and downs. We are currently dealing with a "down" but have not lost any employees. With new software, support has been busy but response times should be short now.
                            website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I will say that once i figured out where to submit a service request on the site, support responded and fixed my situation in less than 3 hours. That said, i sure do with they'd get rid of the call and chat option right now if it's not available. Just too confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X