Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I see positives and negatives in this thread and have had both experiences with HS in my personal past, I am currently falling on the negative side. Their current contact system is confusing at best: there is no chat feature in the lower right hand screen corner as their voicemail says, only a FAQ. They don’t do phone and I yet have no reply to a Monday ticket.

I don't know what their physical operating conditions are like, but it is difficult to understand why a technology company cannot largely continue normal contact protocols like telephone and chat...be that from home or where-ever. Is there any plan to resume operating phones on a normal basis?

My problem is that I am unable to reach HS4 installed on a new Windows 10 CPU via its local IP address from another computer browser on the same network…it times out. Any ideas?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
      While I see positives and negatives in this thread and have had both experiences with HS in my personal past, I am currently falling on the negative side. Their current contact system is confusing at best: there is no chat feature in the lower right hand screen corner as their voicemail says, only a FAQ. They don’t do phone and I yet have no reply to a Monday ticket.

I don't know what their physical operating conditions are like, but it is difficult to understand why a technology company cannot largely continue normal contact protocols like telephone and chat...be that from home or where-ever. Is there any plan to resume operating phones on a normal basis?

My problem is that I am unable to reach HS4 installed on a new Windows 10 CPU via its local IP address from another computer browser on the same network…it times out. Any ideas?
      Windows firewall is on by default. are you sure it's been opened up for HS4 to serve requests from?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
        ...My problem is that I am unable to reach HS4 installed on a new Windows 10 CPU via its local IP address from another computer browser on the same network…it times out. Any ideas?
        Possibly a firewall rule on your PC? You might need to add an inbound rule to allow access to the HS web server. I don't know what the HS4 installer does by default but it is worthwhile checking.

I take it you can access it on the same computer oyu have installed it on?

Comment

Thank you all. The issue was in fact my firewall. When setting up HS on a new CPU, there are so many small details that need to be aligned and it is easy to forget them when you haven’t had to do them for seven or eight years.
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
          2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
          300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
          6 CT-100 tstats
          Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
          18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Here do not open any ports on my PFSense Firewall to the internet utilizing VPN on cell phone, tablets or laptops when away from home. Works great these days.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
            HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
            HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

First I want to say I think Homeseer product has been awesome on all counts, however now I am worried for their viability. I googled "Homeseer going out of business", and found this forum thread. I have read opinions in both directions here. Homeseer's direct reply reassures it is not going anywhere. It is now March 2021 and when I contact sales @homeseer.com with simple yes or no questions I did not get a response going on 6 days. Even on the Homeseer contact page is a link, "Get HS4 Upgrade Guide" lined out and is a broken 404 link. I use a lot of Homeseer Zee S2 controllers to integrate other systems(HAI and now ELK) using plug-ins. I would like even offer Homeseer as the main controller however this has me looking for other alternatives.

Comment

Guessing you have tried to call them during the week?

Get In Touch

HomeSeer Technologies, LLC
                10 Commerce Park North, Ste #10, Bedford, NH 03110
                sales@homeseer.com

Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9-12 pm and 2-5 pm
                603-471-2816
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
                HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mjmautomation View Post
                  First I want to say I think Homeseer product has been awesome on all counts, however now I am worried for their viability. I googled "Homeseer going out of business", and found this forum thread. I have read opinions in both directions here. Homeseer's direct reply reassures it is not going anywhere. It is now March 2021 and when I contact sales @homeseer.com with simple yes or no questions I did not get a response going on 6 days. Even on the Homeseer contact page is a link, "Get HS4 Upgrade Guide" lined out and is a broken 404 link. I use a lot of Homeseer Zee S2 controllers to integrate other systems(HAI and now ELK) using plug-ins. I would like even offer Homeseer as the main controller however this has me looking for other alternatives.
                  If you need support you need to open a support ticket here:
                  https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Sales can be hit or miss depending on how busy they are will other issues such as shipping and receiving, meetings, etc.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X