This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Seer going out of business?

I can't get a reply from an email for over a month now, my system is not working. The phone line doesn't work and live chat doesn't work.

Has anyone heard anything?

Originally posted by Catman o' War

Phone, live chat(20 times), and email. Poor or no responses from all the above. Just shady they went from great customer service to some of the worst.
    Did send an email last week and a response within 2 hours. 😄

—-
    John

Comment

I emailed support to see about getting an SD card image last Sunday and got a response shortly thereafter, on Sunday!
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Did send an email last week and a response within 2 hours. 😄

—-
        John
        You got a response in 2 hours or are you saying you replied to me after 2 hours?

Comment

I just got an answer to a help request I submitted 30 minutes ago. And that is on a SUNDAY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catman o' War View Post

You got a response in 2 hours or are you saying you replied to me after 2 hours?
            response within 2 hours

---
            John

Comment

Just a note here for those that stumble on this thread. We have been in business since 1998 and have weathered lots of ups and downs. We are currently dealing with a "down" but have not lost any employees. With new software, support has been busy but response times should be short now.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I will say that once i figured out where to submit a service request on the site, support responded and fixed my situation in less than 3 hours. That said, i sure do with they'd get rid of the call and chat option right now if it's not available. Just too confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  ...We are currently dealing with a "down" ...
                  Unfortunately, you have a lot of company there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Just a note here for those that stumble on this thread. We have been in business since 1998 and have weathered lots of ups and downs. We are currently dealing with a "down" but have not lost any employees. With new software, support has been busy but response times should be short now.
                    I "complain" some on the forum, but I have to say, that the one time I needed help, in the last year, I reached out to official email support from Homeseer on a Sunday afternoon and had a response from Greg Hughes in less than two hours.... on a Sunday!

As a fellow business owner, I'm impressed.
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I have had very good experiences with HomeSeer support. I too have submitted requests on the weekend and received a fast response.

Comment

Ditto. My experiences with support have been positive and successful.
                        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I am a happy camper here with Homeseer. A bit bias though because I have used it for about 20 years now. (Homeseer 1,2,3 and now 4)

Homeseer Support has always been good for me.

That said I have concurrently tinkered with and purchased Vera (came from an ARM based firewall), Smartthings and Hubitat. The Hubitat box (call this a TV Box) makes a great multifunctional controller.

I liked the Hubitat TV box so much that I purchased an 8 core S912 TV Box and dropped Armbian and Homeseer 3 on it. Worked great and better than my old Pine 64 computer and RPi 1,2 and 3.

The above hardware is OK for automation but not even close to Homeseer automation software. (especially now that it runs in Linux)

Software wise have tinkered with and used Linux HA, Openhab, HomeGenie, Domoticz, Main Lobby and Home Assistant.

Lately have been tinkering Home Assistant and Homeseer on one tiny Intel box running in Ubuntu and a Windows 7 VB. (4Gb of RAM and Intel Atom CPU)
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mjmautomation
                            First I want to say I think Homeseer product has been awesome on all counts, however now I am worried for their viability. I googled "Homeseer going out of business", and found this forum thread. I have read opinions in both directions here. Homeseer's direct reply reassures it is not going anywhere. It is now March 2021 and when I contact sales @homeseer.com with simple yes or no questions I did not get a response going on 6 days. Even on the Homeseer contact page is a link, "Get HS4 Upgrade Guide" lined out and is a broken 404 link. I use a lot of Homeseer Zee S2 controllers to integrate other systems(HAI and now ELK) using plug-ins. I would like even offer Homeseer as the main controller however this has me looking for other alternatives.
                            If you need support you need to open a support ticket here:
                            https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Sales can be hit or miss depending on how busy they are will other issues such as shipping and receiving, meetings, etc.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                            X