Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event not firing ( issue with trigger "date" maybe?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not firing ( issue with trigger "date" maybe?)

Hello all ,

This summer I made some events , concerning winter operations. Today I was expecting the event ( screenshot below) to fire , but it didn't.
    I expect , it has to do with the dates , since that is what I added this summer , the rest of the event was working fine last winter.

I can confirm:
    - The trigger: Security level VS became OFF
    - This happened before 10:00 AM
    - It was about 6 degrees C
    - In the kitchen it was 16.7 degrees.

I kinda expect it is this part: the date is before 5/1/Y

What I would like to accomplish is that the event only triggers in Wintertime , let's say between 15th September and 1th of May the next year. How do I tell HS the "the date is before 5/1/Y" is for the next year?

Thanks,
    Cor
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-09-28 10_19_17-Event.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	1422476

Remember the system is not tracking only that one event but others too. So try to put the first statement at least last and the Time to be at least ( [Range] , better if you even have Easy Trigger!) And let the system evaluate all the other conditions and if the The trigger: Security level VS became OFF happens, everything is in place. For the Temperatures, they look good because they are not precise.

One other thing I see, what's with the date thing (that last two parts)?
    • Try Easy Trigger and see what you have been missing
    • Else, break down conditional based events into smaller effective ones so one event can trigger another if the conditions are right. Reason : Time can never be precise unless it comes first! and " The trigger: Security level VS became OFF" comes after.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
      Hello all ,

This summer I made some events , concerning winter operations. Today I was expecting the event ( screenshot below) to fire , but it didn't.
      I expect , it has to do with the dates , since that is what I added this summer , the rest of the event was working fine last winter.

I can confirm:
      - The trigger: Security level VS became OFF
      - This happened before 10:00 AM
      - It was about 6 degrees C
      - In the kitchen it was 16.7 degrees.

I kinda expect it is this part: the date is before 5/1/Y

What I would like to accomplish is that the event only triggers in Wintertime , let's say between 15th September and 1th of May the next year. How do I tell HS the "the date is before 5/1/Y" is for the next year?

Thanks,
      Cor
      Click image for larger version Name:	2020-09-28 10_19_17-Event.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	1422476
      Agree, it's your last 2 conditions. They're mutually exclusive. You could use an OR IF or split it into 2 events, one 15 Sept and 31 Dec and the second 1 Jan and 1 May.
      -Wade

Comment

As others have noted, your last two conditions cannot be true at the same time. I find it most convenient to define a 'Season' virtual device and give it values labeled Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Then I have events that change the device value based on the date. Once set up, it is easy to use it as a condition that I can apply as needed to any event.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          As others have noted, your last two conditions cannot be true at the same time. I find it most convenient to define a 'Season' virtual device and give it values labeled Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Then I have events that change the device value based on the date. Once set up, it is easy to use it as a condition that I can apply as needed to any event.
          Works a treat!, And with the HS Device for Node-RED , you get less events to create!

Eman.

Comment

Uncle Michael l the answers , for now I copied the event , and made 2 events , that was the quickest:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-28 18_27_32-Event.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1422538

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-28 18_31_31-Event.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1422540

But : @CC4005:
            one 15 Sept and 31 Dec and the second 1 Jan and 1
            do I have to insert till 31 december as well? , won't that create the same issue as before?

@ Eman: easytrigger : I have the plugin , but don't see how I can better implement this event with easytrigger. Node red; Have not installed this (yet).
            What do you mean with this :"
            @ Uncle Michael : I like the seasons virtual switches , will implement that when I have a bit of time

Thanks,
            Cor
            Attached Files

Comment

Corvl1
              @ Eman: easytrigger : I have the plugin , but don't see how I can better implement this event with easytrigger. Node red; Have not installed this (yet).
              What do you mean with this :"

Uncle Michael spelled it out clearly and like I said the system is not tracking only that one event.
              • And Easy Trigger has got separate scheduling (settings) although the most you can set is week not months
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Easy Trigger.png Views:	0 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	1422695
              • As you create more and more virtual devices you can use them in Node-RED (They create the state changes you act on to create simple but effective events)
              The image below is for reference only to show three linked systems ioBroker, Node-RED and HomeSeer. The Event at the bottom (section B) can be triggered by either Remote Control or Phone Alarm

Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeSeer Event.png Views:	0 Size:	380.3 KB ID:	1422696

Tip : You can also in your case explore Calendar plugins for those systems.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
              X