Z-Wave Beaming for Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Beaming for Locks

My two Schlage locks are close enough to the SmartStick+ to work fine. But I have a KwikSet lock that paired and worked fine when I first activated it. I finally moved it to my outside back porch door and HS now reports (through Test Connectivity, ReScan and Optimize or by use of the lock) that it lock cannot be found or did not respond.

I have about 20 HST devices (WS200's), 15 GE Enbrighten wall dimmers and a few of the Jasco 4104 wall plug in outlets. When I optimize the network it reports that only 3 nodes are neighbors to the lock. But even after an optimize or manual setting of the route (setting the closest unit) or even any combination of units the lock is still unreachable or cannot be awoke.

In these cases do I need to get something like a Aeotec Range Extender to put closer to the lock to get it to work? I'd rather not buy another piece of hardware that I don't intend to use for anything else if anything else will work. As a physical location, the SmartStick+ is directly caddy corner in the home away from the lock. About the furthest in physical distance and by one floor away.

Does anyone have any gems of wisdom as to how I can get the lock to work reliably? With all the Z-Wave devices I've installed in the past few months, it's hard to phantom that none of them support beaming.

Thanks
Working...
X