Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error, Unable to connect speaker client interface: Not Authorized

Hi all

appreciate any help here, spent hours already trying to find the reason for this warning message when I try to connect from my iPhone through HSTocuh
    HomeSeer
    Warning

Speaker host connection refused from 7*.***.***.*** User: *****@gamil.com User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.

what really puzzled me! that the user name *****@gamil.com is nowhere in my HS4 nor in any settings ... I have used the user when i setup HS4 then deleted it, and replace it with others, have tried all sort of settings, but no luck!

MY HS4 Speaker username and password (HSTouch Settings) match the Speaker connection username and password (HomeSeer Speaker). Which match an admin, local user in HS4. I use the same username and password in HStocuh setting in my iPhone... all the same users 🤔🤯🤯

very confusing...

According to the error you posted the user name is coming FROM your iphone and is not recognized by your Homeseer server.

Check your iphones HSTouch settings, I'm sure the user you see is stored there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

According to the error you posted the user name is coming FROM your iphone and is not recognized by your Homeseer server.

Check your iphones HSTouch settings, I'm sure the user you see is stored there.
      I actually deleted the entire HSTouch from IPhone after your hint, then reinstalled again.. and redeployed the app again from HSTouch... I still get the same message. Not sure where the user is being picked up from!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1425527

Comment

The user that you are using in Setup > Network > HSTouch Settings is most likely missing from your HS4 user accounts or isn't an admin.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The user that you are using in Setup > Network > HSTouch Settings is most likely missing from your HS4 user accounts or isn't an admin.

I am using a completely something else, it is not an email address at all; 😩😩🤯. It seems a bug for me...

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1425885

Comment

And by the way Y******* is an admin in my HS4. I am not sure from where the ****@gmail.com account user is getting picked from the log. The email account is nowhere in either HS4 no HSTouch, no the HomeSeerSpeaker

Comment

Originally posted by YouElz View Post
              And by the way Y******* is an admin in my HS4. I am not sure from where the ****@gmail.com account user is getting picked from the log. The email account is nowhere in either HS4 no HSTouch, no the HomeSeerSpeaker
              Did you look at the user configured on the iphone for HSTouch? You talked about reinstalling the app, but I'm not sure why you don't just look at what the app is configured with. It's very possible the settings aren't erased when the app is removed.

Comment

Did you look at the user configured on the iphone for HSTouch? You talked about reinstalling the app, but I'm not sure why you don't just look at what the app is configured with. It's very possible the settings aren't erased when the app is removed.
                Yes. I did.

Below are the screenshots from my iPhone... MyHS settings which is blank, and Server 1 I am using with Y**** username -> admin/local in HS4, Speaker client, and HSTouch settings in HS4)! all using the same Y**** use account

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 10.46.40 PM.jpeg
Views:	374
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1425917

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 10.47.08 PM.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1425918

Name:	InkedWhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 10.47.27 PM_LI.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1425919

Comment

Did you ever use you myHS account? If so it may be some caching going on.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Did you ever use you myHS account? If so it may be some caching going on.
                    Yes. Initially, I had connected HSTouch through MyHS for exploration... and have used the ****@gmail.com account... then removed and deployed the custom app, and setup new user Y***** across all my apps (admin/local in HS4, Speaker client, HSTouch settings in HS4)

How can I clear the cache, in this case?

Comment

Can anyone help me please to further investigate/debug this issue r?

Comment

In the Config sub-folder under HS root, check file hspi_HSTouch.ini and see if it lists the phantom username.

Comment

zwolfpack

No refrence to the Gmail account. it is actually referencing the user name Y****.

So I did, just searched the entire HS4 directory for the *****@gmail.com and I found the below 2 files, not sure what this is? and If i can delete it.

*.D.dat

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1426848

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1426847

Comment

I don't know what the files in that Selectors subfolder are used for. What I would try is to rename rather than delete. Then if there is any problem you can always restore the original name.

In your initial post, the problem username has an apparent typo: gamil rather than gmail. You might try a search for the misspelled one.

Comment

@zwolfpack

you are right its a typo!!! and its actually coming in the log... very interesting .. i will search for the misspelled one and let you know. Thaks..

Comment

Working...
                              X