Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restarting Homeseer Webserver w/o Restarting Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restarting Homeseer Webserver w/o Restarting Homeseer?

I have some personal .aspx pages which occasionally freeze and will not load. The main HS pages work fine. Currently the only way to "un-freeze" them is to reset HS. Is there a way to restart the underlying Web Server without restarting the entire HS system? Is this possible and if it is, would it help with my issues? Typically the error logged in HS is "...aspx page is outside a index...". Thanks for you help...Ken

It would be nice but I am not aware of any method. Are these ASP or ASPX web pages? I've not seen ASP pages lock up but ASPX are notorious for doing so.
    Jon

Comment

They are .aspx pages. They work for days and then for some reason they freeze up. Once one .aspx page freezes they stop loading. But, the main HS pages still load?

Comment

The built-in web pages and most plugins don't use ASP/ASPX so they are unaffected. If you run Windows, then your only option is to use old-skool ASP.
        Jon

Comment

Just curious, what webserver does Homeseer use?

Comment

First try this.

On the command line prompt in the windows Start menu type "services.msc". This will launch the service manager.

Scroll down or just type 'server' and the 'Server' service will be there.

If you look you will see a Stop, Start and Restart option. Click Restart and OK.

This will restart both the web server and also the file services server.

Comment

Originally posted by klundysr View Post
              Just curious, what webserver does Homeseer use?
              It is a home brew web server built on IIS components.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X