Ecolink Door Tilt Sensor TLT-ZWave2.5 Tamper Switch Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecolink Door Tilt Sensor TLT-ZWave2.5 Tamper Switch Issue

Anyone have these devices and experienced the same issue.

Picked up 2 of these devices to use on our basement window well covers. Just added them to the zwave network and testing to get the correct tilt on the switch and I'm noticing a couple of issues with the tamper switch:
    1. When the cover was removed for the first time once connected to the network it triggered and displayed in HomeSeer, it does not display closed or return to normal in HomeSeer when the cover is reinstalled. Further removal of the cover does not update the display in HomeSeer. UPDATE - Was able to get the Date/Time to update in HomeSeer for each removal of the cover by removing the check mark next the entry "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:". However the status of the tamper switch still never returns to normal once initially activated.
    2. The event of removing/replacing the cover does not get logged to the HomeSeer Log.

I don't have these tilt sensors but sometimes with devices, especially zwave devices, the values reported by the device do not match values expected by HS in the device pairs. Sometimes open and closed are represented by 1 and 0, or 100 and 0, or even 255 and 0.

1) Click on the advanced tab on the HS device and see what the 'value' and 'status' are when the tamper switch is open and closed.
    2) Now check the Status Graphics tab and make sure that the values you saw in the advanced tab are listed in the status graphics tab both for 'status text' and 'status graphic' if you want the status icons to work.

Of course it could be a completely different issue.

I would also familiarise myself with all the zwave parameters (reporting classes, reporting intervals, etc) of the tilt device.....usually found in the manual. You may need to change something there. Looking at an online manual for the sensor I see you can change the reporting for "Sensor Case Removed"

Hope this gives you some idea of where to start looking.

M
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I have one of these and haven't encountered this issue; but I have seen this issue with other Z-Wave devices - more than one brand - and it sometimes seems to "work itself out" eventually and the error goes away. I get it with the Aeon MS-6 units and Monoprice door units as well... and I think others. So many over the years, I just ignore them now. I /think/ the tamper switch stays "active" on many/most of these devices well after it is no longer in tamper state. Seems a logical concept to me: otherwise one could trip it and put it back too easily?

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
        I /think/ the tamper switch stays "active" on many/most of these devices well after it is no longer in tamper state. Seems a logical concept to me: otherwise one could trip it and put it back too easily?
        I think Gregory is correct. Looking at a online manual it seems the tamper closed (sensor case) is only sent during a wakeup event, not immediately.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...?page=6#manual

iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I have noticed the same issue with this sensor with HS4 Standard on Windows. Per the manual (https://www.nexiahome.com/wp-content...21816kgs.pdf):

Wake-Up Notification: The sensor will wake up every so often and when the case is closed, it will send a Wake-Up Notification to allow the life line master node controller that the sensor is now available for any queued messages that the controller may have for the sensor. The time between Wake-Up Notifications can be configured with the Wake-Up Notification command class to be between 1 hour and 1 week with interval steps of 200 seconds.

For me it's been nearly two weeks and the status is has not restored itself back to the cover being closed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but it is great at updating itself when the cover is removed.

I am very new to HS, haven't got around to the 'how-to configure a command class...' course yet.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did some digging on the forum(should have done a deeper dive first, my bad) and found some comments from others having similar issues. I then did some testing over 24hr period.

It appears the tilt sensor has an issue when it's not directly connected to the zwave hub which is strange given that the tilt sensor reports correctly irregardless of connection to the hub, but the tamper and battery status only seem to work correctly when directly connected to the hub. Both the battery status and tamper switch trip were written to the log when directly connected. It appears the tamper switch never resets to normal in either connection. There is a script available in one of the posts for resetting the tamper to normal. Just need to figure out how to add a button the the device to run the script now.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by sbwright View Post
              Thanks for the responses. I did some digging on the forum(should have done a deeper dive first, my bad) and found some comments from others having similar issues. I then did some testing over 24hr period.

It appears the tilt sensor has an issue when it's not directly connected to the zwave hub which is strange given that the tilt sensor reports correctly irregardless of connection to the hub, but the tamper and battery status only seem to work correctly when directly connected to the hub. Both the battery status and tamper switch trip were written to the log when directly connected. It appears the tamper switch never resets to normal in either connection. There is a script available in one of the posts for resetting the tamper to normal. Just need to figure out how to add a button the the device to run the script now.

Thanks again
              Appreciate the update sb, seen as I am extremely new to HS, if you are able to work any magic could you please include it here or DM me . I may not have a chance to take the same deep drive, but I am happy ride your coat tails if the opportunity presents. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X