No announcement yet.

Plugin Files Fail to Backup tp MYHS - HSBuddy BLBackup BLLock Plugins DB files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Files Fail to Backup tp MYHS - HSBuddy BLBackup BLLock Plugins DB files

I've always seen this happen w/ HSBuddy and local backups. Is there anyway to stop this from failing to MYHS for these three files?

HSBuddy.db3
    BLBackup.s3db
    BLLock.s3db3

Should I just manually back these up...that the best answer for now?

If BLBackup isn't enough, there are several utility programs that will automatically backup files or whole systems on a regular basis, including "in use" files. Macrium Reflect and SyncBack are two that I have used for years without issue. Is it "cloud" backup that is the issue?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

So the only real answer is something beside HS products. Seems like whatever the challenges it should be baked into either HS or Plugin coders.

Thanks Michael.

Comment

I still don't understand the problem. BLBackup successfully handles all the files in my HS folder. Is it not working for you?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The problem is the MYHS service that I'm paying for to store cloud based backups is not complete....which I now see no reason to renew in the future.

While these are not true HS made plugins I'm guessing a large number of users run them making any MYHS backups incomplete. Obviously, there are many approaches to saving files. I do run Carbonite on my primary server, but was not wanting to pay for doing the same on my HS laptop since the ONLY thing it does and has needed files for is HS.

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
            The problem is the MYHS service that I'm paying for to store cloud based backups is not complete....which I now see no reason to renew in the future.
            If you don't need multiple accounts, I agree, it may not be worth the extra cost.

While these are not true HS made plugins I'm guessing a large number of users run them making any MYHS backups incomplete. Obviously, there are many approaches to saving files. I do run Carbonite on my primary server, but was not wanting to pay for doing the same on my HS laptop since the ONLY thing it does and has needed files for is HS.
            Have you considered having BLBackup save it's backup files to your server? (Where, I assume, they will then be backed up again by Carbonite.)

Comment

Working...
            X