Kindle Fire HD Photoframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle Fire HD Photoframe

Had a Lenovo Smart Display- great as a photoframe when idle- automatically sleeps if no motion.

Unfortunately the apps were too limited so thought I'd get a Fire HD to try it instead- Show Mode looked interesting.

The problem is I use the Fire in tablet mode and can't find a way to go to slideshow on idle. The only way is going to Show mode which then has annoying Alexa suggestions and needs switched back to use video apps like Sky Go and HDHomeRun.

I wondered if there was a way to do this, maybe switch to show mode from API on no motion in room?

Wish there was a way to just set show mode as "screensaver"!

Any suggestions?

Here best screen savers are on my Homeseer Touch embedded Windows Tabletops (Jogglers) with total control and management via the mothership.

I am starting to tinker with the Amazon Show devices and control. It is a bit different and more difficult to do. I am uploading many pictures and old family videos these days to Amazon and it works well with the Amazon Show devices.

Relating to my media access on my LCD TV's have shut off Roku (Integrated to TV) and gone to using Kodi (4K) on all of the TVs sort of like STBs. It is nice to have total management of these devices locally or remotely.

Not sure if youi can install Kodi on the FireTV stick or box. I have heard that you can.

Latest endeavor here is running Linux on the "el cheapo" Android 4k mini TV boxes for Kodi. I have done Homeseer servers on these devices running Armbian Linux. Runs circles around the RPi's.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. I played with Kodi/ Jellyfin, nextPVR and others, but the Fire tablet has apps for UK pay TV that I need. It works really well, but the photoframe on the Lenovo Smart Display is the best implementation I've seen. Cuts in when media paused and display blanks when no motion sensed in room.

The only other thing that SHMBO doesn't like with Fire Tablet is she can't Chromecast to it. Quite often she'd cast a show to the Lenovo then go and finish watching it elsewhere. on her phone. I'm sure there must be an app for that!

The Fire install is much neater and keeps everything off the worktop. Found a bracket then fits behind knife rack and folds away, and a really neat 180 degree USB-C.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1426771

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1426770

Comment

Working...