Replacement for Nest thermostat and smoke alarm suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement for Nest thermostat and smoke alarm suggestions

My Nest (gen 1?) thermostat has taken control, constantly switching to away mode and I'm ready to replace it with something that works well with HS4. My Nest protect alarm is sending me "expiring" messages and needs to be replaced. Again looking for something that works well with HS4. Been trying to do research here and elsewhere, but would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Thanks,
    Barry

Personally here a happy camper with my now "old" serial wired Omnistat RC1000 thermostat.

Any glitches with HVAC here is and always has been low on the WAF and detrimental to my automation stuff using HS1, HS2, HS3 and now HS4.

The base transport does not have any dependencies to the internet. The thermostat polling is instantaneous with the serial connection.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X