Best voice package for homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best voice package for homeseer?

ages ago i used ivona voices, but in recent times comparing them to modern voices like google and Alexa they sound very 80's and robotic. what is the best voice package out there that sounds natural, it's bad when Alexa sounds way better than HomeSeer.
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Do you still IVONA?

You probably didn't set them up properly. You pick the voice in every client (locally)

Or if you are using the Tasker Plugin you can set up Acapella on Android.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Here over the years have collected a variety a SAPI speech fonts and still use them today. No internet required. It's interesting that Alexa sounds a lot like Neospeech Kate.

Here run speech on a Windows 7e Virtual Box running on the Ubuntu 18.04 Homeseer server. Currently running 6 instances of speaker.exe each with a different speech font.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Here over the years have collected a variety a SAPI speech fonts and still use them today. No internet required. It's interesting that Alexa sounds a lot like Neospeech Kate.

Here run speech on a
        IVONA was taken over by Amazon. In the old days you would pay for the voices and that was it. They seem to have turned into Amazon Polly :

https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_p...lopment-center

You can't access the Android version anymore!

Now you can do this : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-ivona

Eman.

Comment

I have old IVONA voices that I play though Sonos and Node Red Alexa that gives access to the same, but presumably updated, voices.
          I find the first setup sounding better but that's very personal, of course.

Alexa Dots have the advantage of their versatility and price. The problem is that I cannot get them to stay connected reliably.

Comment

Here have one Alexa Dot connected to my Russound zoned amp in the basement. WAP is on the main floor. Never disconnects.

Mixing Alexa sound with Homeseer SAPI sound.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I believe you can still buy Ivona (and other voices) at nextup.
              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                I believe you can still buy Ivona (and other voices) at nextup.
                OK,
                I think they might be for real.................:https://nextup.com/forum/index.php

Eman.

Comment

I really like AT&T Anjali.. English with Indian accent.
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                  Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                  weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                  X