Signal Sucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signal Sucker

Any idea how to stop an APC SmartUPS 2200 from sucking up my X10 signal?

I've got an ACT 15 amp noise filter on the UPS already.

These might be silly questions, but where is the filter installed, and where is your X10 transmitter with relation to the UPS?

Comment

The noise filter is plugged into the outlet fed by the UPS and the UPS is plugged into the noise filter.

The CM11a interface is plugged into another outlet approximately 8 feet from the UPS on the same breaker circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by TZD
        The noise filter is plugged into the outlet fed by the UPS and the UPS is plugged into the noise filter.
        I'm confused. I interpret this to mean that the UPS is powering itself.

If you meant to say that the filter is plugged into the outled that FEEDS the UPS, then everything is hooked up correctly, and it should work. ACT makes a good filter.
        Are you sure it's the UPS? Do your problems go away when it's unplugged? Sorry if these questions seem obvious. . .

Comment

I'm sorry...I read my posting and you are correct. The filter is plugged into the outlet that is feeding the UPS.

I'll unplug and check the signal strength. Sometimes the obvious escapes me!

Comment

TZD,
            Another trick that sometimes works is to plug the UPS into an elcheapo power strip. These sometimes prevent signals from leaving or entering the strip and sorta work like a filter. If you have one lying around it's worth a try.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I unpluged the UPS and there was no difference in signal strength. Gotta look for another culprit.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X