HomeSeer Message Board Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Message Board Width

I asked Rich about the width being narrowed down on the new board compared to the last one. His reply was:

I guess maybe someone could post a poll so we can see the results.
    So here goes:
    Allow the new board to display full screen, and use your monitors set resolution.
    68.18%
    To leave the forum the way it is in its present fixed width.
    20.45%
    I do not have a preference
    11.36%
    Last edited by johnwpb; November 28, 2004, 04:55 PM.
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

I have already voted, but my problem is that the display is wider than before. I have to scroll sideways, which I would think is more annoying than having the entire width displayed and not filling the screen.

BTW my display mode is 800X600
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Fixed -VS- Variable width

Gogs, that is due to the fact that the new board is a FIXED 800 width. That does not take into account the scroll bar on the right of the screen. The good news is if they change the board to variable width, it will fix your scrolling left and right problem that you are having

The old board was a variable width, and adjusted to what your screen resolution was set at. If you unmaximize your browser on most sites, and drag internet explorers window to make it narrower, you will see the page adjust automatically. Try it with the old message board to see what I mean. Most pages will ajust all the way down to 640 width. If you try that on new board, it will not adjust. and it makes you scroll left and right. If anyone out there is running 640 resolution on one of their devices (Lots of our older touchscreens run at 640, the Audrey for instance), it would make this new board all but unusable at that resolution.

When designing a page to be "universally compliant", I set the entire page in a table thats width is set to 100%. I also ensure that the page will fit down to as small as 640 width. This way it does not matter what display resolution you are using, it will adjust to that, and you will never have to scroll left and right.
      Last edited by johnwpb; November 28, 2004, 05:42 PM.
      www.JohnWPB.com
      Created with LCARS

Comment

Message board converted back to variable width

The poll showed a 3 to 1 preference for changing the display style back to variable width. So... the board is once again variable width. Should work just fine with any resolution (even 800x600).

enjoy!

Mark Colegrove
        Director of Sales & Marketing
        HomeSeer Technologies
        109 Powder Hill Rd
        Bedford, NH 03110
        voice: 603/471-2816 x106
        email: mailto:mark@homeseer.com
        web: http://www.homeseer.com
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

The new settings look GREAT!

Much better...

Comment

Looks great!

Thanks guys! What an improvement in my 1280 x 1024 resolution! No more vast dead space on the left and the right side of the screen. Thanks!
              www.JohnWPB.com
              Created with LCARS

Comment

greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Comment

Good decision. I had just about abandonded reading the post as they were just too much trouble reading on a 640x480 monitor. The post are very readable now.
                  Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Working...
                  X