Why I'm Finally Firing Homeseer. Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I'm Finally Firing Homeseer. Done.

Deleted. Why bother... Wrote long rant about latest frustrations with my Zee S2, the portal, attempts at creating login for new support site that doesn't work, etc. Will do no good. I have licenses for multiple versions of Homeseer, none of which are worth a thing to me at this point, as the software (and that infernal Zee S2) are just plain unreliable. I'm out, people. I now view HS as the single least reliable automation system on the market, and that from a customer of about fifteen years. I've had it.
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I know it doesn't help you but my system has been running fairly reliable. I have some z-wave devices that got lost and I had a few other wacky things going on but I would make the same choice again because it doesn't depend on the internet, has no monthly fees and has the HSTouch Designer.

In any case, you might consider selling your hardware and license. The license can be transferred if the new buyer contacts HS.

Comment

I think home automation is like many things; there is a bell curve. On one end you have a bad experience, on the other you have a great one. 95% of folks should fall within 2 standard deviations of median. 2.5% will have an excellent experience and 2.5% will have a poor one. Sucks to be in the lower 2.5%. HS works great for me, I'm the upper end of things for reliability. I also keep a relatively simple system. The more moving parts, the more points of failure, the more likely things are to become unreliable. I'm sorry you had a bad experience Madcodger; and I understand completely; if you're not happy with how things are going it's time for a change.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Madcodger Sorry HS did not work out for you.

I'm also a person that is very pleased with HS. It runs along with Blue Iris and Plex on a dedicated Win 10 headless server. Solid as a rock. Win 10 automatic updates turned off , as well on HS3, BI4, and Plex. I only update when it is justified. Last update was in August when I updated Win 10 and booted the server. Uptime was 254 days. Attached is the report prior to the boot. I've long ago given up on expecting support from HS. The forum is the main source. I'm now on a real stable version of HS3 and will likely stay there forever. As I observe the HS4 effort from afar, it looks nasty and I'm sure would be a great source of frustration. HS3 is running just fine. I am also invested in HSTouch Designer and some custom apps. That was one of the most attractive things that brought me in the beginning. It was disappointing to see rich say backward compatibility in the new Designer was not in the plan. That added another layer of friction for migrating to HS4. Additionally important was local control since I'm on satellite internet which is slow and has data caps. As such, I don't use MyHS so I'm not impacted when it goes down. Satellite goes down, automation and security still works the same. So for me, HS was perfect at the time and is running great.

So... to which technology are you migrating?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WS HS3 Uptime.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1429454

Comment

I started with HomeSeer about 2 1/2 years ago. I upgraded to HS4 last July. There has been a few hiccups and somethings I don't like but for the most part my system has been reliable. I am running HS4 on a Windows 10 laptop.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Madcodger View Post
            Deleted. Why bother... Wrote long rant about latest frustrations with my Zee S2, the portal, attempts at creating login for new support site that doesn't work, etc. Will do no good. I have licenses for multiple versions of Homeseer, none of which are worth a thing to me at this point, as the software (and that infernal Zee S2) are just plain unreliable. I'm out, people. I now view HS as the single least reliable automation system on the market, and that from a customer of about fifteen years. I've had it.
            Hi Joe - I'm trying to figure out the source of the problem but there's not a lot of detail here... mostly frustration. Sorry for that. Are you having trouble submitting a support ticket?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X