File does not exist: dnt-policy.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File does not exist: dnt-policy.txt

Just got this warning in the log for the first time I've seen it. Does anyone know what the file is, and should I try to go back to a backup and recover it?
    Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\.well-known\dnt-policy.txt

Is the folder ".well-known" associated with a specific plug-in? It's odd that it begins with a period. I don't have that folder in my HTML directory.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The folder ".well-known" is defined by RFC 8615 - Well-Known Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) (ietf.org) but this would be something for publicly facing web sites, I doubt the HS Web Server creates such a folder. Are you running some type of proxy or other web server pointing to that folder structure? Maybe some security tool?

I'm guessing dnt-policy.txt is referring to "do not track" policy. robots.txt is also frequently found in this folder, but again for public web sites.

Comment

Nope, not running any DNT policies and this is the first time the error has popped up. This is the html directory that HS3 created when I installed it.
        I just checked and the error has not popped back up since the first time I reported it. I'll look at my backups tomorrow and see if the file is in there and if it is, I'll just put it back.

Doesn't look like it affected anything, I was just curious as it was a message I've never seen before.

Thanks

Comment

Did you add SSL to HS3? Perhaps used Let's Encrypt and/or ACME?
          Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
          Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
          Number of Devices: 633
          Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.54.0: BLBackup
          2.0.40.0: BLLAN
          3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
          30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
          3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
          3.0.0.87: weatherXML
          3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
            Did you add SSL to HS3? Perhaps used Let's Encrypt and/or ACME?
            Nope, haven't touched the server or any config on it for 2-3 months now.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

Nope, haven't touched the server or any config on it for 2-3 months now.
              Unlikely HS created it. I do not have such a directory on my windows nor linux installs.

I'd delete the folder.

Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
              Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
              Number of Devices: 633
              Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.54.0: BLBackup
              2.0.40.0: BLLAN
              3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
              3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health