What is HomeSeer and what can I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much.

I took down the motion sensor and performed the scan+pressed 4 times in 5 seconds and then fixed it back in place. The light is still on. The screen on the Homeseer PC looks like this:

Should I try it again?

Attached Files

Comment

I think that is not needed. The plugin is showing the light to be unreachable. That means the motion sensor is not the issue here. A few questions here to see what might be happening. Although I am not sure if we will find it yet this way.

If you press the on/off button on the device led Hall in HS4, does the light respond then? If it does, it is possible that the events controlling the lights have been disabled or changed. In that case we need to check the events.

If the light does not respond (which could be as the light shows unreachable) is it possible that the light has been reset, by using a wall switch maybe? If it is powered with the wall switch, using the switch 5 times on/off in ca 10 seconds will reset the bulb. In that case, you need to search for devices again, like for the motion sensor and power the light off and on 5 times, switching once per second. If the light becomes reachable again ( the icon of the light in your above image will change) controlling the light using the on/off buttons should be working again.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim, you're right the light does not respond when I press on/off in HS (it stays on always regardless what I do). I started the scanning again and went downstairs then realised there is no button to control this light that I know of. I searched around again just in case pressing some smart buttons in the kitchen i could find that don't appear to do anything but i cannot find anything or any way to turn it off (it has been on for weeks, maybe a month 24/7 now). The bulb is very bright so I am not sure how I could get it out of the ceiling (maybe with sunglasses and the oven gloves )but is there any chance there is something on the bulb or must there be a manual switch somewhere (my husband was not fond of manual switches)

Comment

If there is no manual switch I think the sunglasses and oven gloves are actually quite a good idea
          (Shouldn't be that hot, since it's LED).

See if you can (temporarily) put the bulb in somewhere with a switch that really cuts off the power - a smart switch won't help you (I think - don't know these bulbs, but this is how I understand they should work). Make sure though that there are no other lights on the same switch or they will probably be reset too. Maybe put the bulb in a light fixture like in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJm9YpPrGzk (which by the way says 6 times!).
          If you have one without a switch you may try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Don't do it too quickly, I would say. Make sure the bulb goes on entirely, so like a second on/off or so.

Comment

As it are led bulbs, I expect the heat should not be very high, but IKEA's do get warm, so use the oven gloves to be sure. And then indeed put it on a lamp holder with a switch, reset it and check in Homeseer if the lights becomes reachable after searching for lights with the plugin. If it does, you can savely remove the light again from the lampholder an put it back in place. The light will then reconnect itself to homeseer.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-26 174705.png
Views:	28
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	1459171
              I tried to get the led bulb out but it somehow won't come out of the ceiling. It has some little stoppers that mean i cannot pull it out, i can only push it into the ceiling and then i was afraid to lose it. I took a photo of another light of the same type that is upstairs, it's the one next to this "zyxel" round thingy.

I took a photo of this other stuff in case you know what the other stuff is too. I know one thing is a NEST smoke alarm but no idea about the other two, any ideas?

Lastly, I had a powercut a few days ago too and everything went off again. When I got the electricity, internet and homeseer computer back up and working the hall light is still on but now a bunch of other stuff no longer works (the sunset/sunrise routine triggers lamps but not curtains or blinds, the motion sensors in the kitchen no longer control the lights and the lights wont come on).

Thank you!

Comment

This is hard answering from a distance. I do not really know what the extra device is behind the light. It looks a bit familiar, which probably means I have seen it somewhere in the internet before, but I do not really have an idea.
                Did you try a clean restart of HomeSeer, like bringing the PC down clean and then let it start while everything else is running fine? Because when power comes back and all devices start at the same time, things can go wrong. It is better to wait starting HomeSeer when everthing else is back, most certainly the network....
                A clean restart could bring back motion control. As for the blinds, I do not how those are controlled? Are those IKEA blinds? If it is, it is also the JowiHue plugin controlling them I guess.

As for the light, it is a halogene fitting light. If you push the light in a little bit, like you already did and then twist it (counterclockwise I believe) a little you will feel it folows and come loose for you to take it out.

But do you have a light with a similar shape that you can use and have control of the power (5x times off/on)?
                -- Wim

Comment

The Zyxel round thingie seems to be a Wi-Fi access point (You will actually find it if you look for Zyxel smoke detector

As for the spot light (not a bulb), check some videos on Youtube with keywords like "spot light removal". For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRBcDRj1gQ4

Comment

The LED light looks like the small pot lights I have in my kitchen. You need to get behind the rim edge and pull it straight down. Alternatively, create a couple of small hooks from a clothes hanger and stick them where the holes are. Just pull down straight and hard. Doing so will bring the bulb as well since it fits in a carrier of the rim plate assembly. When you reinstall, just push it back in. There are a couple of spring clips holding it in place.

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                    X