Interactive Notications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Notications

I’ve seen several ways to send notifications to my phone using the various plugins. Are there any of these options that allow for the notification to be interactive? For example, if the garage door is open for x hours, I’d like to be able to send a message tha”t the garage door has been open for x hours. Would you like to close it?” with options to respond yes or no.

thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I have a couple email notifications that when replied to, trigger an HS event. The event trigger is looking for words in the body of the email which I've embedded in the original notification.

HS Mobile push notifications with interactive capabilities...now there's something to wish for. I won't hold my breath.
    -Wade

Comment

push bullet worked great for that
      i would send hs the word Menu
      then bullet would respond with horoscope\status\bullet
      then i could send one of those words back and a event would be triggered

Comment

Push notifications in HSBuddy work great for that.

Comment

However you send the email or text, include in it a link using json that will perform the action if clicked
          tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
            However you send the email or text, include in it a link using json that will perform the action if clicked
            I'm still relatively new to Homeseer. Can you explain how the json link would be used to perform an action?

Comment

I would suggest the email method mentioned by Wade is probably your best option. You can limit the emails to come from specific accounts and add other filtering and there is no need for connecting via avpn, opening your goal further, etc.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                If you are remote, how can you can get that link to work without providing username/password within the link?

Comment

Working...
                X