Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to trigger phone events for Line 2 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trigger phone events for Line 2 ??

I have HSP with the PCI modem setup as line 1. I have 2 NetCID devices working on 2 seperate lines. I know the NetCIDs are working properly. I can set CID info for line 2 in my script however I can't trigger events on line 2. In HS the phone events trigger only brings up line 1.

I want to enable line 2 in HSP and HS. This way I can trigger phone events on line 1 and line 2. How do I enable line 2 (without adding hardware) in HS ?

I posted this in main message group as I'm not sure if HS or HSP is the problem. Besides it runs my post count up so I can catch Rupp
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Bruce,
    If your using HSP 2.0 then your out of luck. It only supports one line.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HSP 2.0.181

Well that answer that question then. I guess I could create a virtual device to hold the Line # of the last CID and have the script check that device. Just would have been easier with 2 line support.
      Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        Bruce,
        If your using HSP 2.0 then your out of luck. It only supports one line.
        What if he based his trigger from the second NetCID script? It wont detect on hook and off hook, but it would do On CID Detect and basically On First Ring triggers, but not much else.

~Bill

Comment

With off-hook sensing relays from Mike Sandman (do a search on this board) you can detect which line is in use. There are even phone line ringing detect relays.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rich: I have 2 NetCIDs so I know which line they come in on. I just was hoping to be able to handle each line seperate in HSP & HS. But I can manage with the way I have it setup.

I wrote my own NetCID script even tho I have the WAF script as it did not handle multiple lines. Also I can't trigger the "Out of Area" and Private HSP phonebook entries. What phone number does it expect before these trigger ?
            Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

Check with David as I am pretty sure he modified WAF-NCID to support multiple lines. I think he did 2 and was thinking of doing 3. Also, he would know exactly what to search for by way of Out of Area and Private callers as his script handles those too.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
              X