GoControl/Linear GD00Z reset tamper status on tilt sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl/Linear GD00Z reset tamper status on tilt sensor

Yet another GD00Z thread. I apologize in advance.
    I've been searching for the afternoon for an answer, but haven't come across anything at this point.
    I changed the battery in the tilt sensor today and the status sort of works, but not entirely sometimes it shows stopped, sometimes it shows closed when it's open and opened when closed, and I think it has to do with the fact that Homeseer is reporting "Tampering Cover Removed". Is there anything I'm unaware of to reset this status? I've done this for Ecolink, but haven't seen anything similar, or even if it acts the same.

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.
    I've tried manually opening and closing the garage door.
    I've tried doing it via Homeseer.

I have a second GD00Z that I changed the battery in today as well and didn't seem to have any issues with.

Originally posted by julez View Post
    Yet another GD00Z thread. I apologize in advance.
    I've been searching for the afternoon for an answer, but haven't come across anything at this point.
    I changed the battery in the tilt sensor today and the status sort of works, but not entirely sometimes it shows stopped, sometimes it shows closed when it's open and opened when closed, and I think it has to do with the fact that Homeseer is reporting "Tampering Cover Removed". Is there anything I'm unaware of to reset this status? I've done this for Ecolink, but haven't seen anything similar, or even if it acts the same.

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.
    I've tried manually opening and closing the garage door.
    I've tried doing it via Homeseer.

I have a second GD00Z that I changed the battery in today as well and didn't seem to have any issues with.
    Change the number under the arrow to the device ID of the tamper device and run the event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	64
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1433968

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Change the number under the arrow to the device ID of the tamper device and run the event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	64
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1433968
      That worked great for the tamper, unfortunately I was wrong though it didn't solve my underlying problem as I'd hoped.
      Really strange, if I manually open, close, open, close the door, the tilt sensor reports the correct status of the door no problem.

If I open the door using Homeseer, or Close using Homeseer I seem to be getting the opposite status of the action I'm taking.

Functionally, it works without any issues. Just the status is incorrect when using Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
      X