Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people on linux will care

Comment

Exactly. Cross platform is important. Backwards compatibility is important. Security is also very important. It is not just about features. Those people that only care about features will change their mind quickly once their family is threatened due to a privacy or security issue.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Features is what makes HS survive. As for security, the current .NET Framework is still supported by MS for quite a few years....

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          EVERY plugin would have to be re-written. For a developer it may make sense but from a marketing perspective, their decision was sound.
          We had to rewrite plugins anyway... Let's do it once and the proper way...
          Cross platform this would be a very big win.

To me, this was a shortsighted decission.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
          Features is what makes HS survive.
          Funny you mention 'features', because that's a bit what we are lacking now ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post

<snip>
            Funny you mention 'features', because that's a bit what we are lacking now ;-)
            That's why I prefer them concentrating on features. It's also why I don't care that much about changes in the UI which frankly for my use case made things worse. But I guess they need to appeal to the people who want to do everything through their mobile devices.

Comment

1. Native Bluetooth support for seeing devices and reading RSSI via a local USB port with the event tools to make use of it. (If possible the ability to pair a device with it - I'm not an expert but iPhones randomize there BT address for security so you can't really use a specific BT address locally as a trigger - I "think" pairing would remove that obstacle. That would allow an iPhone to communicate presence directly w/out the need for cloud apps.
              2. Agree with MattL0 above on the event engine. I love HS, but many/most/all(?) competitors have have far more switch options for creating rules/events. "THE" reason I left SmartThings was cloud based slowness. "THE" thing I've missed the most is the options they have for creating rules.

Comment

I would like to see some kind of location services in the events. Even something simple as, if the mobile client just connected to my home wi-fi, fire an event. It would be very useful when entering or leaving the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber_Boot View Post
                  I would like to see some kind of location services in the events. Even something simple as, if the mobile client just connected to my home wi-fi, fire an event. It would be very useful when entering or leaving the garage.
                  Several options are already available now in HS4. Agreed, not built in but easily integrated.
                  Jon

Comment

Get rid of the paid plugins.
                    better integration of different protocols.
                    easy trending temp, energy, etc .
                    Have a look at Homey Pro ......
                    I'm really considering to move to this one.
                    Sorry to say. HS4 is not up to par, considering the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapje View Post
                      better integration of different protocols.
                      What protocols are you looking for?

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

What protocols are you looking for?
                        It's not that they are missing, but something like zigbee should be very easy to use. Now I have a conbee then I need a in-between sw to get it finally on HS. Tuya first upload it to tuya then via plugin to HS. Etc. It becomes complicated because you need a lot of steps before it's onboard.
                        Matter could help.
                        If I add a T/RV Sensor in tuya, I get instantly trends in the app. I'm only not happy with the cloud.
                        Homey is local, but off course not yet tested with all the stuff. I like to see some first experience reviews before purchase. I'm not sure they can add tuya locally.

Cheers sapje

Comment

I would really like to see a HomeSeer supported version of HS4 offered in a Linux container (e.g., containerd) format. This would provide a great deal of deployment flexibility. Very much appreciate the work posted by savageautomate (and all others who contributed to a container version of HS4 on Linux).

Sample forum links below:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...age-repository
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ocker-on-linux

Comment

Originally posted by mstukel View Post
                            I would really like to see a version of HomeSeer (HS4 and/or HS5) offered in a Linux container (e.g., containerd) format. This would provide a great deal of deployment flexibility. Very much appreciate the work posted by savageautomate (and all others who contributed to a container version of HS4 on Linux).

Sample forum links below:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...age-repository
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ocker-on-linux
                            I am running HS4 on a Windows 8.1 VM for the SAPI voice, but Google chromecast locks up with this voice in their latest release-- so I have been thinking about ditching the Windows VM and making a container on my Linux instance.

Maybe native support for MQTT. I'd say maybe buy the JowiHue plugin off the developer and sell the Raspbees like the Z-NET.
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                            X