Possible MR26a replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible MR26a replacement?

I found this unit on Ebay and am wondering if anyone here has any experience with it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

If I am not mistaken, this unit just relays the RF signals back to the power line, while the mr26a hooks up to the PC so the PC can process the RF signals. This is useful if you have an Ocelot or something so you can process RF, but will add a delay. This will not replace the mr26a, only the w800, cm19a or the new CM15a can replace the mr26a.
    Last edited by electron; December 1, 2004, 02:16 PM.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I was concerned with the delay that this would add. Trying to find a better solution to the MR26a. I will look into the other interfaces you mentioned.
      Thanks,
      rex2802

Comment

Mind if I ask why you are trying to replace the mr26a? Is it a range issue? The only other solution I would recommend is the WGL W800RF (32bit), as the CM19a/CM15a are very similar to the MR26a.
        HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
        (aka xplosiv)
        Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I have recently added a W800 to my setup replaceing an RR501, it has brought all my RF motion sensors to life, great range and they never miss a beat now.

The responce time is fantastic, about 1 sec to run an event based on motion. The W800 does not retransmit the X10 signal over the powerline as it connects straight to your server either by serial or USB so HS gets and can act on the commands straight away.

You will not regret buying one.
          Lance

Comment

The W800RF32A also receives signals from x10 security devices. This allows you to use DS10As (window/door sensors), among other things. It's the only RF receiver I know of that will work with them (other than the x10 security console).

Comment

smee - How do you set that up as I have some of those sitting in a drawer doing nothing until I fit the security console (whenever that maybe!), but I can't see how to set the device code as this is normally set by the security console?
              Lance

Comment

Lance, have a read through the documentation of the plug-in at http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=705

The plug-in allows you to enter and detect the various devices. I use it for monitoring my DS10As. One point to take note of, is that MUST setup the devices using the plug-in - not directly in HS.

Comment

The security devices basically have a pre-assigned serial number that identifies them. When you run the W800 plugin under HS, it learns each device and adds it to HS.

As far as I know, the W800 is the only way to get these codes into HS. There are no links between the x10 console and the PC available.

Comment

yes, and in fact I think it's a rolling code that's controlled by the device. Through the plug-in you add teh device, and then press the button the device and the plug-in 'learns' the code. When they lose battery power you have to do again and it gets another code.

Comment

Thanks

Smee & Jeff - Thanks for this, guess I should have played with the plugin a bit more.

Now I just need to smash some windows to test the device I just added!!!
                      Lance

Comment

Working...
                      X