Zwave controller with light strip and Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave controller with light strip and Alexa

In HS3 I added my light strip connected with a zwave controller to my Alexa app and I had the capabilities of turning it on and setting colours. Now that I am on HS4, support says that Alexa can only turn the lights on and off and dim. How do I get the colours back into Alexa?

you don't say what type of zwave module you are using.

I have this working with a Fibaro... took some fiddling in HS3 to get it right. Still works fine in HS4.

This thread might be a place to start:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...25#post1102325

Comment

It is a Zooz controller. I have it all setup fine in Homeseer but when in alexa, it will only recognize ON/OFF and dimming. The colour capabilities doesn't work. Support says that it doesn't work and they don't have any plans to get it working right now. So I may just use node-red.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
        It is a Zooz controller. I have it all setup fine in Homeseer but when in alexa, it will only recognize ON/OFF and dimming. The colour capabilities doesn't work. Support says that it doesn't work and they don't have any plans to get it working right now. So I may just use node-red.
        OK.. let me see if i have this right.

It worked in HS3 - you could change colors with alexa/voice
        that same functionality does NOT work in HS4

Can you go into the device in HS4 and manually change the colors?

Comment

That's correct. It worked in HS3. I could change colours and everything. Now I can't in HS 4.

Comment

So no color Picker in hs4 in th UI? Can you post a screenshot?

also, what happens when you try the older hs3 HI?

http://YourHSIP/deviceutility

Comment

No, no, the device is correct in HS4, it just isn't available in the Alexa app.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                No, no, the device is correct in HS4, it just isn't available in the Alexa app.
                Did you try my fix in the thread I posted?

Comment

Yes, I tried that but Alexa app says There was a Problem at the top when looking at this light in the app. It does show the Power, Brightness, and Color but says there is a problem. Funny things is that I can turn the lights on and change color with the alexa app even though it still will say there is a problem. But I can't turn it off.

Comment

So color now works but turning it off doesnt via alexa? At least you are closer.

Comment

It's a PITA, but whenever I have had similar problems with Alexa, I delete all my devices and re-discover. Have to recreate all the groups and everything, but it has always worked. Deleting the device in question and re-discovering it is occasionally effective but starting from scratch has always worked.

Comment

Working...
                      X