Homeseer controlled ceiling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer controlled ceiling fan

What is the best practice for installing a smart wall switch and ceiling fan for the following functionality?

- Control fan on/off/speed from hstouch and control fan on/off/speed from smart wall switch.

What smart switch should I buy?
    Is there a particular type of ceiling fan I should buy?

I have not purchase the fan or switch yet and don't want dedicated remote for the fan, rather just control it from HStouch.

Thank you.

Here have combo Hunter Fans and just recently installed a firmware upgraded combo Fan Switch.

The Hunter fans were installed by contractor.

You can control the light dimming / Fan speeds at the switch or remotely via Homeseer mcsMQTT.

Always had fans in previous homes and always had metal 4 X 4 electrical switch boxes typically only allowing for one automated switch per box.

I was able to replace the metal mud ring to a plastic mud ring to fit two automated switches. The combo fan/light switch is a bit deeper than the automated switch.

Read here about my adventure. High WAF.

Smart Ceiling Fan Control and Dimmer Light to Tasmota
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for sharing, but that looks more complicated than I am willing to get into.

I think I am going to use a HS-FC200 with a 3/4 speed fan. I don't plan on using a light in the fan so that switch is ok. What I don't like is that you can't control the fan speed from HSTouch which seems like a big design gap...

Comment

Understood James.

BTW the Hunter fans installed here are around 20 years old and I have not had an issue with them. Newer fans today are using DC power versus AC power.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Have you considered Big A$$ Fans. They are expensive but they are the best fans because they are completely balanced, have option for LED lights, are very low energy consumption and can be controlled via wifi.

Comment

The HomeSeer fan switch is easy to install and works with nearly all 3 and 4 speed fans. This will allow you to use Alexa, Google Home, and HSTouch as well as HSMobile to control the fan with ease.

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...control-switch
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X