Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change displayed status in HS4 without also sending the zwave command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you change displayed status in HS4 without also sending the zwave command?

I have a Somfy ZRTSI II that controls a few sets of wireless blinds (living room, kitchen, master, etc) which are all on their own Somfy channel, but they are all also on an "all Windows" channel #6. (Each channel is added as it's own zwave node)

Every morning, I fire the "open all windows" event which sends the "on" command to channel 6 a few times, a few seconds apart (sometimes the blinds miss a command). However, since that's only sent to the #6 channel node, the individual window group nodes display the wrong state.

Is there a way to use native HS4 or essytrigger to set the displayed status of for example "living room windows" to open within the Open All Windows event?

The reason I'm not just sending a discrete "open" to each set of blinds at the end of the event is to avoid a ton of extra zwave traffic, since there are 12 total sets of blinds on 12 different channels/nodes.

Thanks!

Assuming that this still works in HS4...
    Run the immediate script command &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef (ref,value,TRUE)
    ref = the reference number for the blind, and value = whatever the "open" value is.
    This will change the device value in HS, but will not send anything out on Zwave.

Comment

Working...
    X