Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the online help files at HS.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the online help files at HS.com?

What happened to the online help files at HS.com? When I'm away from my PC, which is a lot, how do we access the help files?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

The online help files have sometimes been available and sometimes not during the past couple of months. I also just built a new system and discovered that you need to have Java installed in order to use the index.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mark,
      This links aren't there anymore. The site has been revamped and a lot of stuff is gone.

Comment

I was going to suggest clicking on 'help' on your web page (which goes to /webhelp/homeseer.htm)

However, the index pane (on the left) must come from somewhere other than your local computer, because I tried it on mine and I get the right hand pane, but not the left...

Comment

Firtha.
          It's a java applet and requiers you to download suns java.

Comment

Java's fine; I use jedit as my editor. The error is attached, cuz I can't seem to figure out how to paste a picture....

I'm sure it was working yesterday...
            Attached Files

Comment

I was using the online help system yesterday and it died right in the middle of my session. Maybe they're having server issues.
              John
              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Guys,
                Have you been to the HST site? They have redesigned it and apparently gotten rid of the help file link.

Comment

If you're desperate, you can use the help hosted on my server

For HS: http://www.fudaserve.com:8245/webhelp/HomeSeer.htm

For HSP: http://www.fudaserve.com:8245/HSPhon...lp/hsphone.htm

Usual guest access should get you in
                  John
                  Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                  Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                  HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                  Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

FYI, next build of DM will allow user to optionally install webhelp on HomeSeer machine.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                    X