Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK whole home audio recommendation

Hi,

I am looking for an alternative to the htd lync system that has an integration to homeseer. Can’t get HTD lync in the uk and I cant find any sensible options.

i had thought about simply using google home devices but I need a 3.5mm out to connect to a whole home amp.

- a perfect solution for me would be a multi zone multi sourse amp all controllable with homeseer.
    - the ability to have some Alexa / google home inputs as well.

i use squeeze boxes at my own home and that works well. This is an idea for a friend that Is building a home so I want to get it right. From the start.

Does anyone have any recommendations. I didn’t know where else to post this.

CasaTunes : https://www.casatunes.com/

Read about this one : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...es-spud?f=1560

I don't use but looks interesting! ==Dev : spud

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I use the GC-100-12 in a rack mount media stack that controls two amps both multi zone, CD player, blu-ray, 3 distribution amps (1-12 channel & 2 2 channel), 4x4 hdmi splitter, projector, and Daphile LMS. I downloaded all of the codes for the Global Cache database except for the splitter which I had to use the reader to obtain. I use two blasters off the GC-100 to ensure I can control the projector (Room Geometry). I control through HSTouch and events. I had a vortexbox that I converted to Daphile and that works also. I can control the rack from anywhere in the house. I have 8 zones to broadcast to with 1 being 7.1 and another other 5.1. I have a chromecast attached as well. I use Global Cache Pro plugin to interface to HomeSeer.

The distribution amps are dumb and that is my biggest complaint as I can't control volume to each channel pair except at in-wall volume controllers at each zone. Poor choice of hardware on my part.

I have events written that will set up for playing movies and playing music, mute, and control volume. I also have an IR control page that allows me to set any feature for the equipment.

I had the squeezebox plugin installed for a while but found that I did not need it. Vortexbox was difficult to set the incoming audio channel but Daphile has a setting that made the plugin redundant for me. I store all of my music as .flac files and all of my movies are ripped and stored on a NAS Server. The DVD's are stored as .m4v and the blurays are stored as .mkv (matroska video file). I used MakeMKV on linux to rip all the movies. I use sound converter on linux to convert all music to .flac.

Willing to share what I have and hope this helps with your decision.

Comment

Hey AllHailJ,

That's one impressive amount of kit. I love the idea of the GC-100-12. That could solve a whole array of comms. I think the rs232 element is something that I need to explore. I remember doing a module at college years ago but wouldn't know where to start now. I pretty much use the off the shelf plugins with homeseer and everything that I have used so far has been excellent. I have rarely had issues with any plugin and everything is working as I want it to.

I love the idea of the HTC lync system but they do not sell an international version of their hardware so I would need to high amp step down transformers to get it all working. Ideally I'd like to find an international equivilent that is as cost effective.

I'll have a look at Daphile LMS too. Thanks for all the tips

Comment

For more ideas try Pulse Eight : https://www.pulse-eight.com/

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
          X