Which Zwave stick for Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Zwave stick for Europe?

So today I took the plunge and bought a HS4Pro software license. I have been running HS2pro for about 10 years and figured it's about time to go more modern...
    My current zwave stick is the Aeon S2 from about 9 years ago. Which still works fine with my Schneider Merten switches. However, that stick probably does not support the latest version of Zwave.

Hence my question: what is now considered to be the 'best' stick for European Zwave? Ideally it should have:
    • support for legacy-versions of Zwave
    • have backup and restore functionality. I read here that restore could be a problem in combination with Homeseer?
    Two sticks I have come across:
    • Aeon Z-wave Plus Gen 5 / model ZW090-C
    • Zwave.me stick
    Any tips much appreciated, thank you in advance!
    Maarten

A one stop shop for all your questions : https://www.vesternet.com/pages/what-is-z-wave
    • Aeon Z-wave Plus Gen 5 / model ZW090-C keeps the device data on board but sadly your findings
      have backup and restore functionality. I read here that restore could be a problem in combination with Homeseer?
      could be true, there is no function to restore them should you choose to transfer them to a new server) For other systems you just stick the USB in and your devices are created automatically ( Aeon Z-wave Plus Gen 5 / model ZW090-C == has a learning/pairing button) That is, if it is used as the central controller I think it should be able to carry your devices to your new build.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I used a zwave.me for some time with no issues. I moved to an HS Z-Net recently as I now have HS in a VM. When the Z-Net arrived it is a Pi with a zwave.me stuck in it. That means there is still be restore option in HS for us European users.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        I used a zwave.me for some time with no issues. I moved to an HS Z-Net recently as I now have HS in a VM. When the Z-Net arrived it is a Pi with a zwave.me stuck in it. That means there is still be restore option in HS for us European users.
        Hi Ian

That is good to know, but just to confirm, you are saying you have tested the HS network restore on a zwave.me stick or did you swap your existing stick with the new one in the Z-Net? EDIT Ignore this I misread the post!

Also, is it possible to note the stick version and firmware version?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Hi Ian

That is good to know, but just to confirm, you are saying you have tested the HS network restore on a zwave.me stick or did you swap your existing stick with the new one in the Z-Net?

Also, is it possible to note the stick version and firmware version?

Steve
          I haven't tested at all - just read on here that it doesn't work.

Comment

I haven't tested at all - just read on here that it doesn't work.
            Sorry I misread your post as saying that there was a restore option. I think there is a typing error, the 'be' should probably be 'no' ?

Message #3

That means there is still be restore option in HS for us European users

Steve

Comment

By the way it is possible to restore to the UZB stick using some Zwave.me software and some tools that zwolfpack put ​​​​together. There are some posts about it somewhere on the forum and I did successfully restore to a backup stick using it. A bit of a hassle but useful in an emergency😀

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                By the way it is possible to restore to the UZB stick using some Zwave.me software and some tools that zwolfpack put ​​​​together. There are some posts about it somewhere on the forum and I did successfully restore to a backup stick using it. A bit of a hassle but useful in an emergency😀

Steve
                Post #14 here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...55#post1379555

This one looks good as well : https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...p-and-restore-

Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I really believe HS should be sorting this out.

Comment

I really believe HS should be sorting this out.
                    Agreed!

Comment

Thank you for all responding. While it's disappointing to learn that HS4 still does not have its own restore function, I'm glad to read that both the Aeon and Zwave.me have its own restore functions. When looking at the restore functions I think I would prefer Aeon's, it just appears easier to understand + operate for this non-techie.
                      In addition it looks like the Aeon has a build-in battery which should (in theory) make it easier to walk around the house and registering any new zwave devices.

Thanks again for your help and time.

Comment

Working...
                      X