No announcement yet.

To script or not to script? - Other ways to get more event functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im really glad that this question is posted.

Im relatively new in HS, ( 2 years of learning and struggling )

I have created events to help me control duct boost fan in wife's office and it is not working as event explanation is stated.
    Im not programmer at all. Im limited on copy / paste functions.

My idea of operation is as follows,

When room temp gets below specified, temp setpoint of furnace is temporary increased and when duct temp reaches 35C, booster fan turns on.
    When temperature is reached, thermostat setpoint is restored, and when duct temperature falls below 30C, booster fan turns off. At least that was my plan.
    In my case, event is changing temperature setpoint to temporary higher value and as soon as temperature is reached, temperature is lowered to predetermined value.
    Fan operation is problem.

Any suggestions to correct this problem?

Best Regards,
    ​​​​​​​Tim

Comment

Tim ,

Okay,
      Are you setting temperature levels constantly and remotely? If not then it should be the set point which should trigger the fan ON/OFF so they should come as the first statements.

On your second image on the right, move the manual trigger to below.

I hope am not seeing different

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Tim ,

Okay,
        Are you setting temperature levels constantly and remotely? If not then it should be the set point which should trigger the fan ON/OFF so they should come as the first statements.

On your second image on the right, move the manual trigger to below.

I hope am not seeing different

Eman.
        Hi Eman,

Im changing temperature setpoint from 18C to 20 which is enough to start furnace and redirect warm air to designated room.
        I have tried another aproach and it is working on its own. Not with other commands in the same event folder.

Comment

Im using HS3 and i'm wondering what are limitations and weakness of the system. How many events are " too many " Are events " Easier " to process ?
          How many nodes are ok to have, How many devices ? How many Nodes / devices are ok for one interface ? How many plugins can HS3 handle?

Im hoping that these questions are making sense

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Im using HS3 and i'm wondering what are limitations and weakness of the system. How many events are " too many " Are events " Easier " to process ?
            How many nodes are ok to have, How many devices ? How many Nodes / devices are ok for one interface ? How many plugins can HS3 handle?

Im hoping that these questions are making sense
            Depending on the power of your system, HomeSeer can Handle much if anything. But because this thread was started about scripting I suggest you start another one asking similar questions before we go off-topic.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Understood.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X