Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create an event to skip scheduled events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create an event to skip scheduled events?

I have a set of events that run every morning to get up, turn on some lights, lift the shades, etc. and they run early during the week and later on the weekend. Anyone created an event that just lets you run it to skip a set of events or change the times of them for things like holidays?

Create a virtual device with : home, away, holidays, guest, etc. and add it as a condition to your events.

Comment

+1. My "Occupancy" virtual switch has an additional value labelled "Manual". All of my timed events will add a check of that switch ("AndIf Occupancy not equal to Manual"). Makes it very easy to suppress scheduled events for any reason (party, holidays, malfunctioning Homeseer, etc).

Comment

This is what I put in place yesterday, but the more that I think about it I want it to be automated somehow. Like maybe figure out how to have Homeseer pull from my calendar and it there is something that is called PTO or holiday names then turn on the Holiday virtual device with a 24 hour timer.

Not sure how to accomplish this yet, but I am going to work on it and am obviously open to suggestions. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
          This is what I put in place yesterday, but the more that I think about it I want it to be automated somehow. Like maybe figure out how to have Homeseer pull from my calendar and it there is something that is called PTO or holiday names then turn on the Holiday virtual device with a 24 hour timer.

Not sure how to accomplish this yet, but I am going to work on it and am obviously open to suggestions. :-)
          If you already use Node-RED, the BigTimer node do that and then some!

Tip : You can use that node many times over, in other words each event can have its Bigtimer as a Trigger and Change nodes to Trigger the HS Device nodes on Run the HS Event nodes

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

If you already use Node-RED, the BigTimer node do that and then some!

Tip : You can use that node many times over, in other words each event can have its Bigtimer as a Trigger and Change nodes to Trigger the HS Device nodes on Run the HS Event nodes

Eman.
            Hmm...I had not thought of that. I have Node Red setup, but I have not done a ton with it as yet. That sounds like a pretty cool way to handle this. Use the Special Timers to put the calendar holidays in once a year or something like that.

Comment

You can use group conditions to make this work. I have events that run to create holidays, scripts that calculate easter and moon phase, test occupancy etc (see below), One of the event conditions would be all global conditions are true or false. All values are stored in virtual devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-27 10-58-52.png Views:	0 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	1436531

Comment

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure this one would do the job:

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...lug-in-for-hs3

feel free to comment as it's on my short list of PI to try.

Comment

...figure out how to have Homeseer pull from my calendar and it there is something that is called PTO or holiday names then turn on the Holiday virtual device with a 24 hour timer.

There are posts in the how-to area which cover creating automated holiday and other schedules. I do not have a link though.

Comment

you could always use hs.disableevent and then when the time is passed hs.enableevent. It leaves the events intact and you can keep all the logic outside of the events. one event disable morning stuff, runs a script to disable event1, event2, etc.... then wait till they would have run and renable all the events, all in one event.

Comment

I have a similar plan on my system's roadmap. I use google calendar so I plan to implement this by using one of the google calendar plugins to adjust my home automation based on what's scheduled.

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                      Number of Devices: 1005
                      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
                      X