Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats causing this web server error (favicon.ico)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats causing this web server error (favicon.ico)

!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html/favicon.ico

I keep getting the above error when i log into hs via the web what is causeing it.

The favicon.ico is one of those icons that attach's to web pages when ever you create a shortcut to a web page. It also shows up to the left of a URL in th IE address window. One of the web pages you are using must be calling it. They are kinda neat really if they worked as advertised.

Look for something like this in your asp pages

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="/favicon.icon">
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think that it isn't able to find the icon to display it on the web GUI.

Comment

I recently did a reinstall of HS and deleted all the HS folder when i unistalled the app. I must have been using a plugin that called the icon. Im guessing there is a registry entry or some other hidden entry that carried over to the new install but now the file is missing. Who do i go about finding where the problem is coming from

Comment

Check out this for some info on the favicon.

http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/favicon.shtml
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Comment

That error is accuring every time i visit any HS Generated page. It has to be something wrong in HS. You guys are confusing me by talking about Desktop icons and stuff. It looks as if HS is trying to put an Icon in the address bar of my browser. The error only occurs when i attempt to use Mozilla to view the page. No error occurs when access the page from IE.

Is this a problem that can be fixed by editing a file myself or do i need to submit a help ticket to HS

Comment

Also it looks like the error is comming from the call to the file itself

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html/favicon.ico
                Shoulnd the Forward slash be a backslash

Comment

Last edited by ; December 2, 2004, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Browsers such as Mozilla try to load this icon every time you visit a site, IE uses it when you bookmark a page.
                    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                    (aka xplosiv)
                    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Thanks ill try it as soo as i get home!

Comment

If you can't wait to test this you can create a quick event with a new scripts and this code will do it.

Code:
                        Option Explicit

Sub Main()
                         Dim fso, MyFile
                         Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
                         if fso.FileExists(hs.GetAppPath & "\updates\icons\HomeSeer.ico") then
                            Set MyFile = fso.GetFile(hs.GetAppPath & "\updates\icons\HomeSeer.ico")
                            MyFile.Copy (hs.GetAppPath & "\html\favicon.ico")
                            Set MyFile = Nothing
                         Else
                            hs.writelog "Error", "The HomeSeer.ico file doesn't exist"
                         end if
                         Set fso = Nothing
                        End Sub
                        Regards,
                        Christian
                        Last edited by ; December 2, 2004, 10:51 PM.

Comment

WOW! Nevereven knew i could do something like that. Thanks! It works great

Comment

Working...
                          X