No announcement yet.

Door Lock Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help Stuart. I will use most of your script. I would like for it to check every two or three seconds. I might have to do some work with that.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Comment

Here is one more ibutton reader that was around but unfortunately they stopped producing them.

http://www.cc-concepts.com/products/ilock/

Stuart

Comment

Elk products makes one too. But the only problem with that is they dont send the iButon information to Homeseer. I plan on using the information to trigger other events so the system knows who is coming in the door, and can play messages, reminders, house status, and change music (maybe) based on who is there. I thought about making one, and I might still. I would like to have the reader get the information from the iButton, and even authenticate the user, but then pass the info on to Homeseer. This would take the load off Homeseer to check it every so often. It would be a good learning exercise to make one to do this, and then I could sell them. But it would be a pretty big project. I Dont know if I have the time to do that right now.
        A computer's attention span is as long
        as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
        X