Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing actual device name in log

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Missing actual device name in log

    When z wave devices are reporting changes, I can't tell what the actual device is that's reporting. I have several devices that report temps / lux, etc..

    Is there no way to get the actual device name to appear in the log file - like "house stat" or garage stat" ? I only see the floor and room.

    Device: SWhouse Z-Wave Temperature Set to 38.9 (F)
    Device: SWhouse Z-Wave Temperature Set to 67 (F)

    Makes it difficult to track down when tracing an event issue.


    #2
    It might help if you post a picture of the Device Status for one of the devices and it's child devices.

    Comment


      #3
      Using HS Pro 4 - which I'm new to. Is this what you're asking for?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	HS device.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	1437993

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by kprice View Post
        When z wave devices are reporting changes, I can't tell what the actual device is that's reporting. I have several devices that report temps / lux, etc..

        Is there no way to get the actual device name to appear in the log file - like "house stat" or garage stat" ? I only see the floor and room.

        Device: SWhouse Z-Wave Temperature Set to 38.9 (F)
        Device: SWhouse Z-Wave Temperature Set to 67 (F)

        Makes it difficult to track down when tracing an event issue.
        You want something like this?

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Log.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1437999
        ---
        John

        Comment


          #5
          Yes! Then I can tell which device temp I'm actually looking at, instead of just floor & room displaying.

          How'd you get that ?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by kprice View Post
            Yes! Then I can tell which device temp I'm actually looking at, instead of just floor & room displaying.

            How'd you get that ?
            Assure that your feature name, room and floor are logical set (see below). FY I 'm using System instead of floor

            Click image for larger version

Name:	under.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1438023
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Feature.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1438024
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by John245 View Post

              Assure that your feature name, room and floor are logical set (see below). FY I 'm using System instead of floor

              Click image for larger version

Name:	under.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1438023
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Feature.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1438024
              Looking for something similar for a project with heated floors.

              Can I ask what Fibaro device you use, and how it determines the supply and return temps for your in-floor heating?

              Is there something attached to both the supply and return lines to read the temps?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
                Looking for something similar for a project with heated floors.

                Can I ask what Fibaro device you use, and how it determines the supply and return temps for your in-floor heating?

                Is there something attached to both the supply and return lines to read the temps?
                I'm using the Fibaro Universal Sensor in combination with DS18B20 temperature sensors.

                I use tyraps to connect the metal part o the sensor to the supply- and return (groups and maniold).

                In place since 2013 and working reliable

                Best regards,

                Jhn

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thank you! This did the trick. Much easier to trace things down...

                  Originally posted by John245 View Post

                  Assure that your feature name, room and floor are logical set (see below). FY I 'm using System instead of floor

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	under.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1438023
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Feature.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1438024

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X