Zwave thermostat for Fujitsu Minisplit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

This is the route I took with my Fujitsu mini split that cools the theater projector and AV room. I use an IRTrans unit and the plugin. It has worked flawlessly now for almost 4 years without a single misstep ( I would know if there were a problem because the projector would get too hot and shut off, which has never happened). I know its not what you wanted, but I wanted to let you know that the IR is reliable, even if there is no feedback to know what its set at.
    It looks as if that's the way to go.
    I did a little research. Evidently, the remote sends a composite command containing all of the expected settings, which would be why you've never gotten out of sync.
    Now,
    will the IRTrans Ethernet work with the PI? That would be my easiest route to success.
    https://www.irtrans.de/en/shop/specials.php
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Yes I have the IRTrans Ethernet unit. It works well. I think I had to learn the remote codes into IRTrans software but that is fairly straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        Fujitsu:

Lesson learned. This means the Heat Pump, at least for now, will be the only thing in the house not under HS control.
        So is your Fujitsu HP using a 2 or 3 wire bus? If it is 3 wire then the Intesis interface may work. Check out https://compatibility.intesis.com and enter the model number of your indoor unit and you'll get an idea if it works.

Do you have a photo of your existing wall controller?

The reason I ask is that we have a Fujitsu HP that works with the wall connector, IR receiver and the Intesis system simultaneously. There is a dip switch (master/slave) inside the wall controller that must be set if two or more control methods (including IR) are employed. See page 6 here: https://airconditionersrus.com/en/in...attachment=155

But then again it may be a completely different system.
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          Yes I have the IRTrans Ethernet unit. It works well. I think I had to learn the remote codes into IRTrans software but that is fairly straightforward.
          Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I'll do.
          Meantime, I need to call the tech back as now, the fan is running constantly, the compressor seems to be doing nothing at all, and I can't turn the thing off without throwing the breaker.

Comment

It would seem so.

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
            But then again it may be a completely different system.

Comment

After the thermostat fiasco, I ordered the IRTrans & a Blaster. Took a month to finally arrive, but after about an hour had it up and running. I'm amazed this thing is as small as it is. This is definitely the way to go. Events controlled thru Alexa & other conditions. One to turn on the heat pump, and depending on room conditions set to heat or cool mode. Another event, turns off the heat pump either via voice command or in the event a door or window is left open more than five minutes, or no-one is home for an extended period of time.
              Now, adding all the A/V equipment. May even invest in a couple more IRTrans units for other rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                After the thermostat fiasco, I ordered the IRTrans & a Blaster. Took a month to finally arrive, but after about an hour had it up and running. I'm amazed this thing is as small as it is. This is definitely the way to go. Events controlled thru Alexa & other conditions. One to turn on the heat pump, and depending on room conditions set to heat or cool mode. Another event, turns off the heat pump either via voice command or in the event a door or window is left open more than five minutes, or no-one is home for an extended period of time.
                Now, adding all the A/V equipment. May even invest in a couple more IRTrans units for other rooms.
                Glad it worked for you. I have three units throughout the house. One for the Minisplit. Another I use to make my Harmony remote integrate with Homeseer using IR mapped to certain events. Last one I use to turn on Samsung displays for the Hometheater.

Comment

Working...
                X