X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    After the thermostat fiasco, I ordered the IRTrans & a Blaster. Took a month to finally arrive, but after about an hour had it up and running. I'm amazed this thing is as small as it is. This is definitely the way to go. Events controlled thru Alexa & other conditions. One to turn on the heat pump, and depending on room conditions set to heat or cool mode. Another event, turns off the heat pump either via voice command or in the event a door or window is left open more than five minutes, or no-one is home for an extended period of time.
    Now, adding all the A/V equipment. May even invest in a couple more IRTrans units for other rooms.
    Glad it worked for you. I have three units throughout the house. One for the Minisplit. Another I use to make my Harmony remote integrate with Homeseer using IR mapped to certain events. Last one I use to turn on Samsung displays for the Hometheater.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    After the thermostat fiasco, I ordered the IRTrans & a Blaster. Took a month to finally arrive, but after about an hour had it up and running. I'm amazed this thing is as small as it is. This is definitely the way to go. Events controlled thru Alexa & other conditions. One to turn on the heat pump, and depending on room conditions set to heat or cool mode. Another event, turns off the heat pump either via voice command or in the event a door or window is left open more than five minutes, or no-one is home for an extended period of time.
    Now, adding all the A/V equipment. May even invest in a couple more IRTrans units for other rooms.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    It would seem so.

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
    But then again it may be a completely different system.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Yes I have the IRTrans Ethernet unit. It works well. I think I had to learn the remote codes into IRTrans software but that is fairly straightforward.
    Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I'll do.
    Meantime, I need to call the tech back as now, the fan is running constantly, the compressor seems to be doing nothing at all, and I can't turn the thing off without throwing the breaker.

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Fujitsu:

Lesson learned. This means the Heat Pump, at least for now, will be the only thing in the house not under HS control.
    So is your Fujitsu HP using a 2 or 3 wire bus? If it is 3 wire then the Intesis interface may work. Check out https://compatibility.intesis.com and enter the model number of your indoor unit and you'll get an idea if it works.

Do you have a photo of your existing wall controller?

The reason I ask is that we have a Fujitsu HP that works with the wall connector, IR receiver and the Intesis system simultaneously. There is a dip switch (master/slave) inside the wall controller that must be set if two or more control methods (including IR) are employed. See page 6 here: https://airconditionersrus.com/en/in...attachment=155

But then again it may be a completely different system.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Yes I have the IRTrans Ethernet unit. It works well. I think I had to learn the remote codes into IRTrans software but that is fairly straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

This is the route I took with my Fujitsu mini split that cools the theater projector and AV room. I use an IRTrans unit and the plugin. It has worked flawlessly now for almost 4 years without a single misstep ( I would know if there were a problem because the projector would get too hot and shut off, which has never happened). I know its not what you wanted, but I wanted to let you know that the IR is reliable, even if there is no feedback to know what its set at.
    It looks as if that's the way to go.
    I did a little research. Evidently, the remote sends a composite command containing all of the expected settings, which would be why you've never gotten out of sync.
    Now,
    will the IRTrans Ethernet work with the PI? That would be my easiest route to success.
    https://www.irtrans.de/en/shop/specials.php

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Without access to the Fujitsu API for wi-fi control, I'm left with the possible option of using IR control via Homeseer.
    This is the route I took with my Fujitsu mini split that cools the theater projector and AV room. I use an IRTrans unit and the plugin. It has worked flawlessly now for almost 4 years without a single misstep ( I would know if there were a problem because the projector would get too hot and shut off, which has never happened). I know its not what you wanted, but I wanted to let you know that the IR is reliable, even if there is no feedback to know what its set at.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Fujitsu: Thermostat connected today... temporarily... then removed.

The installer was here all afternoon. After a few calls to Fujitsu Tech Support in New Jersey, he was finally told he needed a controller interface installed in the Head unit as well as the thermostat interface below in the basement. We eventually connected a thermostat temporarily (until I could run the cable from the basement to the upstairs).
    The thermostat did indeed control the heat pump, BUT.
    - The fan speed had to be chosen from one of three options, High, Medium, Low. This is hardwired.
    - There is control from the thermostat for Heating and Cooling. That's it.
    - ALL functions of the IR remote are completely disabled. You cannot have both. This means, no control over louver position, Fan Speed, On/Off (except via the Stat). Might as well throw the remote away.

I apologized for wasting his time and told him I'd been assured by the company's representative that I'd have complete control. Had to ask him to disconnect the interface.
    Without access to the Fujitsu API for wi-fi control, I'm left with the possible option of using IR control via Homeseer. The problem with this is that most functions of the remote step through several speeds/positions so there'd be no way to ensure that Homeseer is ever in sync with the heat pump at any given time.

Lesson learned. This means the Heat Pump, at least for now, will be the only thing in the house not under HS control.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    I have a really old Spit system. It had no network or automation capability. ....or so I thought. It was the last thing in the house I could not control with the press of a button or a verbal command. Someone on here mentioned a Remotec controller and i got one. Pretty simple to use and it just works. I THINK I have had it for about 3 years now. The IR is powerful enough that the device can be put out of the way. I may have changed the batteries once since I got it..... It does not do EVERY command that the remote does, but does do all the things I would want to do remotely. It has never not worked...

https://www.remotec.com.hk/zxt600

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    The limitation of Sensibo and other similar IR solutions is that they are one-way communication, so you never truly know the state of the device you are controlling.

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    I've had good luck using Sensibo to remote-control two different splits plus a dehumidfier in my garage (each requires its own Sensibo). They log onto 2.4gHz on your router and use an app on your phone. One of my splits was something I bought around 2005 abroad (a Soleus brand) and installed myself. Sensibo had never heard of them, but they worked with me to develop the signals and within a couple of days had it solved, it works just fine for it as well as a Fujitsu split I have. If you don't have a functioning thermostat I doubt Sensibo would help, but this is a just in case post... HTH

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Have you looked at these guys: INWMPFGL001R000 by Intesis (engenuity.com)

I'm in New Zealand but from the looks of it these guys are in Arizona?

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    mminehan it seems here in the USA where I am, the only distributor listed for me on their website is the company itself, so I guess I'll be making an inquiry to them. Thanks for your insights and experience thus far.

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    TC1 Yes this has been a much better solution than any I have found in the past. But they are not cheap. Mine cost around $200 USD.

Use their compatability tool (https://compatibility.intesis.com) to see which unit to get or if your AC is even compatible. They tend to have two versions of each type: one for local access and one for cloud access. Also it appears there are some that work on only one head unit and are hard wired to the wall controller (like I installed), and some that are wired to the outdoor unit and can control multiple head units. So make sure you do your homework. Their installation and user documents are pretty good.

Provided the unit you get speaks 'WMP' it should work with either wmp2mqtt (https://github.com/jpg0/wmp2mqtt) or Michael's mcsMQTT plugin which has a specific WMP tab called "Daikin" on the TCP page. With the mcsMQTT plugin for HS you just enter the IP address of the Intesis unit once you have configured it. The mcsMQTT plugin then creates all the HS devices to control the AC unit (mode, settemp, ambient temp, outdoor temp, fan speed, louvre direction etc).

I am still in the process of setting the HS devices to act as a traditional HS thermostat type operaion. I have done this with our underfloor heating controls so it's not too hard.

But please do your home work before you buy to make sure you get the right unit, unless you find a retailer who is happy for you to return the unit if you purchase the wrong one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X