Anyone know how to fix this error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to fix this error?

I had an HS-WS200 go bad (I assume, I opened a support case nearly a month ago and have not gotten any response) so I tried to use the replace node function which failed. So I just deleted the HS devices and added the new node, but now I have some broken events and I am not sure how to fix this.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS Event.png
Views:	96
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1437817

Every time you delete a device and recreate it it comes back with a new device ID. It's the new one which you should be using now.

Do you see that part fourth line from the bottom of your image?

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Not sure if there is another solution, but I just went back through my logs to see exactly what that event did the last time it ran, created a new section in the event that had all the actions and then deleted the section that has the error. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        Not sure if there is another solution, but I just went back through my logs to see exactly what that event did the last time it ran, created a new section in the event that had all the actions and then deleted the section that has the error. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Eman.
          Yes, I understand what that is saying. The device that was bad in my system that failed the Replace node operation got deleted from my Z-Net and is no longer showing in the system, so it has left a corrupt entry in the event pointing to an invalid device number.

What I am asking is does anyone know a way to remove it from the event once it gets like this or is my only option recreating the event section as I did with this one. If that is the only solution then that is fine, but if there is a location I can edit the file containing the event info then i could simply replace the device ID with the new one.

Comment

Have you tried selecting the dropdown, then going to the top of the list that is blank? Afterwards, just add the new device.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post

Yes, I understand what that is saying. The device that was bad in my system that failed the Replace node operation got deleted from my Z-Net and is no longer showing in the system, so it has left a corrupt entry in the event pointing to an invalid device number.

What I am asking is does anyone know a way to remove it from the event once it gets like this or is my only option recreating the event section as I did with this one. If that is the only solution then that is fine, but if there is a location I can edit the file containing the event info then i could simply replace the device ID with the new one.
              Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Although not strait forward, go back to the drop down and choose control a device that will automatically delete it. Then if your choice was initially something else you used, go there and choose that option again.
              • All the above is before you click on save but save when you have your device back

Note : I think in HS3 events are saved automatically when closed but will not close if you have a fault like that until you clear it.
              The steps for fixing the event are more or less the same as above
              Whatever is constructed in UI (HS) should reside in the /homeseer/html folder so unless you are a web designer or know what you are doing then I suggest you don't edit those files from in there else you break something unintended.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
              X