Home Troller Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Troller Pi

I have purchased a Home Troller Pi. I have a misunderstanding as to the ZWave Interface? Does the Home Troller Pi have a built-in ZWave Interface or will I need a SmartStick+?

Hometroller Pi Hub has a Zwave interface inside. You will see the Zwave logo on the box that is was delivered.

Comment

Yes, it is my understanding that it was internal. So I have got to be missing something or not understanding it not being active?
      Please see the attachment?
      Is there something I need to add or something I missed?
      I have added a USB Smartstick & added Devices & everything worked fine. I have since removed the usb stick.

Sometimes I can't see something because I am leaning on it????
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have it set up correctly... What color(s) are displayed on the Z-Wave indicator LED when it boots up, and when running? (Not talking about the Ethernet LEDs or the ones inside the case on the main card).

You may need to crack open the case to ensure that the Z-Wave controller daughter card is seated correctly.

Comment

I will check again when I get home but I think it is Red then final Green

Comment

Pulled box apart. Check over & reinserted & check card to be seated. Everything looks good. Startup lights go Red, Blue (for some time) then Green.

Deleted & redid interface again with the same issue. I can Install the USB Smart Stick I have and everything works fine?

At this point, I assume I have a bad card?

Comment

What does the log say when you start the Z-Wave plugin?

Comment

Also, what are the contents of the files /boot/cmdline.txt and /boot/config.txt ?

Comment

Here is the log after startup & adding interface?

Comment

At this point, all I can give is a screenshot?

Comment

I remembered that I've helped others with a similar issue back on HS3. See this post:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...up#post1271774

You'll need to login to the Linux console and check the contents of a file via this command
                      Code:
                      more /boot/cmdline.txt
                      If it contains a clause 'console=serial0,115200', it needs to be removed.

Easiest method is via raspi-config:
                      Code:
                      sudo raspi-config
                      - select 'Interfacing Options' (down-arrow, then Enter)
                      - select 'Serial'
                      - for 'Would you like a login shell to be accessible over serial?' select No
                      - for 'Would you like the serial port hardware to be enabled?' select Yes
                      - select 'Ok' then 'Finish', then 'Reboot'.

Comment

Because I have just purchased 2 of these New. I have thrown the ball back in Homeseer supports court. I am not that fluent with Linux and I just don't have the time right now, but I am still waiting for support?

Comment

Update: From Homeseer. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the internal interface working either.

They are sending me a replacement

Comment

Working...
                          X