Quiet Cool Smart fan plugin or HS control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet Cool Smart fan plugin or HS control

Anyone know of a way to integrate HS with a QuietCool Smart Fan that uses the WiFi fan controller? I am installing one in my garage to pull out the smell of exhaust and also to help keep it cooler when I park my hot cars in there. These fans come with a WiFi based controller that has an app for both iPhone and Android. Would be great to be able to control these based on events e.g. trigger by temperature or with a CO/CO2 monitor type configuration. Not sure if IFTTT is an option.

Anyone? I know I can always bypass the wireless controller and use a Zwave Qubino or similair device to control it, but it would be nice to just be able to interface into the existing module.

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
      Anyone know of a way to integrate HS with a QuietCool Smart Fan that uses the WiFi fan controller? I am installing one in my garage to pull out the smell of exhaust and also to help keep it cooler when I park my hot cars in there. These fans come with a WiFi based controller that has an app for both iPhone and Android. Would be great to be able to control these based on events e.g. trigger by temperature or with a CO/CO2 monitor type configuration. Not sure if IFTTT is an option.
      The WiFi on these are only used for firmware upgrades and are otherwise only controllable/monitorable through BT. I was looking for a plugin for my own HS4 setup too.

Comment

Did you see this from their FAQ?
        Can I hook up the Wi-Fi hub to my smart automation system?
        As of right now, the QuietCool Wi-Fi Smart Control isn’t compatible with home automation. We don’t recommend connecting a QuietCool to a home automation system in any form as there is the need for a person to open up a window for the fan to work.
        Of course, if you have window sensors and do not allow any automation to happen unless one is open, you would handle this.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Most garages do not have windows that open. In that case, if you have enough gap(square feet) around the roll-up/tilt-up doors(calculate by average gap width multiplied by length of gap(all the way around doors) to meet the "opening" specification of the QuietCool. My guess is it will be pretty close.

Or you could not close the door all the way(may be tough to automate that but you could put a door sensor at the fully closed position and not allow the fan to come on unless it is "open".

Or you could install a one-way louvered shutter that the fan suction would open when running.

Or?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
            Most garages do not have windows that open. In that case, if you have enough gap(square feet) around the roll-up/tilt-up doors(calculate by average gap width multiplied by length of gap(all the way around doors) to meet the "opening" specification of the QuietCool. My guess is it will be pretty close.

Or you could not close the door all the way(may be tough to automate that but you could put a door sensor at the fully closed position and not allow the fan to come on unless it is "open".

Or you could install a one-way louvered shutter that the fan suction would open when running.

Or?
            The fan made by QuietCool is not specifically for a garage; it's actually an attic exhaust fan. The OP, however, just happens to be installing theirs in a garage.

The problem is still that the built-in controller only uses WiFi for firmware updates and bluetooth (with a corresponding app) for communication with the controller. Ideally, some communication back to HS (or any automation controller) would not necessarily be for the purposes of turning the fan on/off, though that would be nice. Instead, this would be useful for taking advantage of the built-in thermometer for tracking attic temperatures and maybe even tracking fan utilization. At least that's what I'd like to have for communication with the fan.

Comment

Working...
            X